• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I work for a great company. My income is reasonably guaranteed, but our sales force falls prey to forces beyond their control right now. Mainly not getting the option to get into the accounts they normally sell and service because of all the restrictions.

The CEO announced today over a company-wide voicemail that paychecks for our sales staff are going out 4 days early. Bonuses likewise are being paid early.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Got word today. My employer is asking all field employees to take 1 day off every other week.

I'm ok with this option. Supposedly it will avoid any layoffs.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Got ya beat.

They are giving us 2days a week every other week. The office girls are getting 1 week a month

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I work for a great company. My income is reasonably guaranteed, but our sales force falls prey to forces beyond their control right now. Mainly not getting the option to get into the accounts they normally sell and service because of all the restrictions.

The CEO announced today over a company-wide voicemail that paychecks for our sales staff are going out 4 days early. Bonuses likewise are being paid early.

Well I know where I’m coming to for a few Sunday dinners

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    The company I work for got bought by a much larger company back in october 2019. At the time I was very displeased. Now with the current events, it has actually been very good for me. Even though I have very little work to do, we still work as normal. The company has enough cash to carry us for awhile. I think they will re-evaluate april 9th or so.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Got ya beat.

They are giving us 2days a week every other week. The office girls are getting 1 week a month

Lol, that was our branch managers plan. Well regional managers stepped all over his Dk today.

New plan - one day a week Furloughed.

I went to work today not realizing it was Furlough Friday!

So I guess we are even?

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Ordered propane yesterday, lady asked if someone would be here to pay the driver. First time they ever asked, if I'm not around they always just left a ticket in the past.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I have been looking into some side hustles to see what I can do. May end up finding a part time job in the evenings and weekends. Will be interesting to see how long it will be until companies reinstate full pay. My company is saying likely this will continue through Q2.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Folks, we need to pound the feds (WH, senator, rep), state (governor) and local (county commissioners, mayors) with emails. Daily.

Keep your email in a word processor file, copy and paste. Send.

These folks will only respond to political pressure, since they are politicians.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Suggestions for email content?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    One thought:

Dear Senator,

Texas and America critically need rational, cool-headed leadership now.

We must focus our efforts to combat the Corona virus rather than the shotgun approach being taken. Focus ateention on the small group at substantial risk. This would prevent wrecking our economy and causing extremely serious and lasting collateral damage to Americans - especially those low income earners who are being hurt in large numbers by the current overreaction. The widespread shutdown is costing millions of Americans income and even jobs.

Our nation’s small businesses will soon not just be closed, but out of business. And those owners will be wiped out. They won’t have the resources to try again.

The government aid will arrive to late to help. People need the money now to pay bills, not months down the road.

By diluting the efforts and aid across the entire population - the at-risk as well as the minimal risk - we are preventing the full degree of help that the at-risk population needs.

The following measures would focus our the help where needed, while avoiding collateral damage from the sweeping restrictions:

1. The elderly and those with serious health illnesses should stay home. The data from the Italian government agency shows these two groups make up 99% of the CV fatalities.
    2. Churches, charities and local governments should help those in this group by delivering groceries, medicines and other needed items. State health organizations could furnish instructions for these helpers. The helpers should be tested for CV prior to service.
    3. Local and state governments could provide funding as required for this effort, with federal aid reimbursement to follow ASAP.
    4. Clinics and hospitals should set aside an appropriate portion of their facilities for treating non-CV infected patients from the high risk population.
    5. Nursing homes, assisted living facilities and other elderly residences should ban visitors to reduce exposure risk. Workers in these areas should be tested.

This would provide the best care for the population most at-risk. Additionally, this approach would prevent:

1. Layoffs, furloughs and business closing.
    2. Placing restrictions on people who have little risk from CV.
    3. Preventing the general population from getting health care (e.g., surgery, diagnostic procedures, etc.) that while may not be life threatening but is seriously affecting their lives.
    4. Huge economic damage, including businesses being forced out of business. A lot of small business owners stand to lose everything. The damage will linger for quite some time and recovery will be hard. The small business owners who lose their businesses will not be able to just flip a switch and start over.
    5. Massive government spending deficits funded by debt, which will also have long lasting effects.

This is the time for government leaders to lead and show common sense, rather than giving in to the media driven mass hysteria.

This could also affect your re-election. The folks suffering from the economic damage are being bombarded by the MSM and social media. They are being told that Republicans are to blame for them losing their jobs and businesses. Combined with their inability to pay the bills and the situation is ripe for Republicans to be swept from office.

Please don’t follow the herd. Be the maverick in the lead.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    1. The elderly and those with serious health illnesses should stay home. The data from the Italian government agency shows these two groups make up 99% of the CV fatalities.

One problem with this.
    What about the young and healthy family members which go out, then bring home the virus to the elderly and frail?

Just a thought.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    One problem with this.
    What about the young and healthy family members which go out, then bring home the virus to the elderly and frail?

Just a thought.
    I heard about a charity in Houston making shelf stable meals, quarantining the meals for a few days, then carefully delivering them ( PPE , and using self quarantined personel) to elderly in Houston.

My parents have been doing things like this for my 80something grandmother.

Top Bottom