• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    I'll be in your neck of the woods next week (Mon-Fri) for a fishing trip. Couple of questions:

1. We don't normally fish after October. How's the fishing this time of year? (Laguna Madre and surrounding areas) Any tips or suggestions on cooler weather fishing?

2. Any local ranges with private bays? I'm trying to get the Mrs into shooting and she is too freaked out for a regular range.

3. Any good restaurant recommendations for the Mrs, a 4 month old, and my folks?

4. Any really great gun shops that would be worth taking time out of the trip for?

Thanks!
    DK Firearms

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    1. What kind of fishing? People tend to fish year round here....

2. I am not aware of any ranges with private bays.

3. What kind of food? Blackbeards on North Beach by the Lexington, and Docs under the Intercoastal. Water Street downtown.

4. Modern Pawn and And Guns on Airline south of South Padre Island Drive.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    +1 on V-Tach and Aransas Firearms if you get down to Rockport, are you actually gonna be in Corpus Christi or one of the surrounding towns?

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    1. What kind of fishing? People tend to fish year round here....

2. I am not aware of any ranges with private bays.

3. What kind of food? Blackbeards on North Beach by the Lexington, and Docs under the Intercoastal. Water Street downtown.

4. Modern Pawn and And Guns on Airline south of South Padre Island Drive.

Thanks for the recommendations.

We normally fish Laguna Madre, Rockport, Packery Channel etc. We just have a little bay boat. Any recommendations on winter fishing? This will be our first time this late.

Docs and Water Street are awesome. I'll have to check Blackbeard. Not looking for a particular type of food. It's just that we will be there 5 days and we can't live off of Doc's, Snoopy's, and The Boiling Pot for 5 days. :)

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013

So_Tx_Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Fishing for Reds & Trout can be pretty darn good...especially right in front of the arrival of a cold front. We have several gun shops here...some good, some not so good. Modern pawn on Airline is well stocked and the staff in friendly. Sharp Shooter on Staples has alot, but can be a bit overpriced IMO.

On the Island, There's a good barbecue place that has potatoes to die for, and Scuttlebutt's has good food. Senior Jaime's on Everhart is my favorite Mexican food in town. Kiko's is also great, but the wait can be long-ish.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom