• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68blackbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    I read that Texas state law you cannot carry any knife that has a blade more than 5 1/2". I also saw somewhere that Corpus had a max 3" blade law, anyone confirm this?

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I read that Texas state law you cannot carry any knife that has a blade more than 5 1/2". I also saw somewhere that Corpus had a max 3" blade law, anyone confirm this?

I've heard San Antonio has some weird city ordnance. But not familiar with one for CC

"...Your Jihad, homeboy.....begins right here...with me. You want to kill someone? My appointments have been cleared for "anytime your balls descend from your belly". Grab your sack and get busy commie."
    -Gabe Suarez

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Found the Corpus law. Protip: Don't buy a motorcycle chain in Corpus, either. :p

Sec. 33-73. - Dangerous weapons—Carrying prohibited generally.
    hyperlink.png

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry on or about his person in any public place any one or more of the following: Straight razor, unpackaged safety razor blade, any knife having a blade measuring from the handle of three (3) inches or more in length, any knife that will not shut, any knife that will open and lock open by the press of a button, ice pick, chain six (6) inches or more in length, bowie knife, gun, pistol, revolver, dirk, dagger, spear, nightstick, machete, blackjack, pipe stick, hand sickle, stiletto, knuckles, swordcase made of any metal or any hard substance, or any dangerous weapon.

I've heard San Antonio has some weird city ordnance. But not familiar with one for CC

San Antonio bans carry of lock blade knives. Fixed blade is fine, funny enough. The ordinance is very widely ignored.

ARTICLE I. - IN GENERAL

68blackbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    Found the Corpus law. Protip: Don't buy a motorcycle chain in Corpus, either. :p

Sec. 33-73. - Dangerous weapons—Carrying prohibited generally.
    hyperlink.png

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry on or about his person in any public place any one or more of the following: Straight razor, unpackaged safety razor blade, any knife having a blade measuring from the handle of three (3) inches or more in length, any knife that will not shut, any knife that will open and lock open by the press of a button, ice pick, chain six (6) inches or more in length, bowie knife, gun, pistol, revolver, dirk, dagger, spear, nightstick, machete, blackjack, pipe stick, hand sickle, stiletto, knuckles, swordcase made of any metal or any hard substance, or any dangerous weapon.

San Antonio bans carry of lock blade knives. Fixed blade is fine, funny enough. The ordinance is very widely ignored.

ARTICLE I. - IN GENERAL

*%#@^!!!! I just bought 2 fixed blades, they are 3", thought I was GTG, btw, where did you find that info, thought I looked everywhere..... many thanx for the reply, Kel

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Here is the San Antonio ordinance...

Sec. 21-17. - Certain knives prohibited generally; exceptions; penalty for violation.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to intentionally or knowingly carry on or about his person a knife with a blade less than five and one-half (5½) inches in length, which knife is equipped with a lock mechanism so that upon opening, it becomes a fixed blade knife.

(b) The above prohibition set forth in subsection (a) shall not be applicable to a person carrying such a knife:

(1) In the actual discharge of his duties as a peace officer, a member of the armed forces or national guard, or a guard employed by a penal institution;

(2) On his own premises or premises under his control;

(3) Traveling;

(4) Engaged in lawful hunting, fishing or other lawful sporting activity; or

(5) Using such a knife in connection with a lawful occupation, during such utilization.

(Code 1959, § 26-28.1)

Cross reference— Regulation of firearms and weapons, § 21-151 et seq.; possession of a knife, § 21-155.

Similar to what TXI said about CC, the SAPD and other agencies in this city normally don't enforce this unless there are other charges already. No SAPD officer that I have ever talked to has cited or arrested anyone just for violating this one statute.

Cheers! M2

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Can you elaborate please?

Texas state law prohibits carry of knives with blades greater than 5.5 inches. The CC ordinance also prohibits carry of knives with blades greater than 5.5 inches. In Texas any local ordinance which criminalizes activity which is already criminalized by the state is null and void. This is why the SA ordinance is written the way it is ("less than 5.5 inches").

The CC ordinance is also void because it bans knuckles, clubs, etc.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    For info only- In Texas' older days that I recall and lived during, the usual weapons used by the lawless element of the citizens to bring injury or death to others were : Anglos- guns Hispanics- knives Blacks- straight razors But all used the three at times when affordable or handy. /

Top Bottom