• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Lane costs are $15 and 7.50 for an additional shooter. if you need targets they are somewhere close to $1.00. As for if we as a group are getting any type of discount I have no clue if that was ever mentioned in any discussions and Shorts might be the one to ask on that
    Capitol Armory ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I hate to be so gauche as to mention price...

But SS lists $15 an hour per lane... 12pm-6pm would be $90, so is there some sort of group rate or is this going to be a drift in, say hi, and shoot as normal per-customer price until you want to leave or what?

Sorry. I just need details.

Basically shoot as a customer. You don't have to stay for the entire time. I just gave a time frame of their hours.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I'm a new member to the forum, and glad I found it. I agree with the concerns about The Sharp Shooter. There really isn't room for a lot of people. I would like to offer my help for this one or the next one. I live here in Corpus and am a member of the CCPRC. I bet I could talk to the board and in an effort to promote the club we could have a meet and greet there. There is no charge for shooting handguns or rifles, and the skeet and trap is less than $5 a round,at least it was last year.

I would love to meet some fellow shooters. I'm not real fond of the arrogance at the Sharp Shooter, but it's a place to start I suppose. Just keep in mind an hour goes by quick. Also, if you buy something make SURE you want it, they charge 20% for restocking.
    YMMV and this is JMHO

CC Sig-girl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Howdy Sea Bear
    I recently joined the CCPRC and I think they told me that the fee for a round of skeet was $7 for members and $14 for non-members. I have not met any other members but I bet you are right that if you went to the board, something could be arranged for a group to have a meet and greet or something. Thanks for the offer and welcome aboard! Later..... Kim

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    Howdy Sea Bear
    I recently joined the CCPRC and I think they told me that the fee for a round of skeet was $7 for members and $14 for non-members. I have not met any other members but I bet you are right that if you went to the board, something could be arranged for a group to have a meet and greet or something. Thanks for the offer and welcome aboard! Later..... Kim

I'll have to check with Ken, I haven't shot skeet since before deer season. I used to buy a whole bunch of tokens at once, and I got a discount. It was less than 5 bucks last year, may have gone up. I never shot as a non-member.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Unfortunately I will be unable to attend as I cannot get off work. So I hope all goes well and another one can be scheduled in the near future so I may attend and meet some of ya'll, hope someone takes pics

czechmate82

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I didn't go...never found out what was going to be happening there, the range fees are high, and I never knew when anyone would be there. I think the meet was a good idea, but it needs more support from local businesses, maybe holding the event somewhere with some food and drink. Maybe getting some gun companies involved to sponsor it/show up and talk would motivate more people to go.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Definately time to try and reschedule a new one, there were several ideas as to a meet at the Corpus Christi pistol and rifle club... I shall try and get some info together and start the works for the next meet down here. Any thoughts or ideas please feel free to pass them on and I will do what I can.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I take responsibility for dropping the ball on this. I was there in CC in February but relocated and never handed off the proverbial torch to someone to be the central voice for this event. I apologize for that. I thought about driving down to be there for this one but just couldn't do it with what we've got going on up here.

I wish this one would have gone better, again, I'll take the heat for it.

If future events are expected to get off the ground, folks will have to step up and volunteer. I realize lives are busy; things worth doing take a little effort.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Shorts, nothing to take the heat for, I think we all kinda let it go plus didn't you move? thats a big thing to deal with

CC Sig-girl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I drove the 45 miles from my house but I guess I was the only one that showed up. When I got there I asked around to see if anyone from the forum was there, had been there or what. No, No and NO. So, I went ahead and paid out the $15 an hour and shot a few rounds. Oh well, it would've been nice, I guess.

Top Bottom