• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I was wondering if there would be one in my area and poof there it is in my inbox. Look forward to seeing everyone.

1Andy2

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Beeville
    I'm not all that active on the forum, but I'll try to be there. Corpus is only an hour drive and I'm down there all the time anyways.

I'm pretty sure starry, CCP+RC, and Sharpshooter don't allow tannerite, so is there some other range or accommodation I'm unaware of where maybe we could do some really fun stuff like that? About the most I've been able to persuade the RO to let me do at starry was bumpfire a little bit. ;)

Also... ya'll want to go to B&J's for pizza and brew afterwards? Its been awhile and that place is great for get togethers. The beer is a bit pricey, but they've got a great selection and lots of great beers on tap that you won't find anywhere this of san antonio.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Is this meet and greet going to be like the one in Houston, with the Sig reps and the rest? Or is this going to be different?

Unfortunately since this would be the first forum organized event down there, we wouldn't have the resources or connections to get something setup quite like the Houston events yet. Since both Alan and I are here in Austin, and with trying to balance helping others to setup events in all these 4 major corners of Texas, we won't have the time or money to take 100% control of setting these things up and organizing everything. That's why we really need local help in setting up these events, meaning someone local to the area that is more familiar with the area. There are a lot of great firearms related companies, instructors etc all over the state too. Hopefully if we can get some decent sized events going in an area, then maybe we can convince some retailers, instructors, etc to come out and participate.

The best thing that could be done to make an event like this successful is to spread the word in your area and try to get as many people out to the event as possible. Also, if you happen to know of any firearms related businesses, firearms instructors, etc etc down near that area, then let us know and we can see about possibly getting some to participate.

Thank you Monica for helping set this event up.

RoloSport

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Maybe.......

I would like to show up but I don’t care for that location. (However, I do like to shoot ) There is a Corpus Christi Gun Club and the Starry Shooting Range in the area. I have not been to the gun club but heard that it is quite good. I believe they have everything from target shooting to tactical shooting and even have advance skeet shooting ranges. These may be places for a future meeting. I go to the sharp shooter only when I have no other alternative. They have poor ventilation and when there are a lot of people shooting, it can get pretty nasty in there. The last time I went there I was blowing black soot out of my nose. Also, some of the workers there are extremely annoying and for some reason think that anyone with a 9mm is a fool. An open air range like the Starr Ranch or Gun Club may be a better health choice, and have a friendlier atmosphere. Also, B & J’s does have an awesome beer selection.

1Andy2

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Beeville
    I've never been to the Corpus Christi Gun Club. Where is that?

Starry's is nice. I believe the price is $10 per gun. No time limit or anything. Alot cheaper than Sharp Shooter.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Unfortunately since this would be the first forum organized event down there, we wouldn't have the resources or connections to get something setup quite like the Houston events yet. Since both Alan and I are here in Austin, and with trying to balance helping others to setup events in all these 4 major corners of Texas, we won't have the time or money to take 100% control of setting these things up and organizing everything. That's why we really need local help in setting up these events, meaning someone local to the area that is more familiar with the area. There are a lot of great firearms related companies, instructors etc all over the state too. Hopefully if we can get some decent sized events going in an area, then maybe we can convince some retailers, instructors, etc to come out and participate.

The best thing that could be done to make an event like this successful is to spread the word in your area and try to get as many people out to the event as possible. Also, if you happen to know of any firearms related businesses, firearms instructors, etc etc down near that area, then let us know and we can see about possibly getting some to participate.

Thank you Monica for helping set this event up.

I am happy to do it

I appreciate the comments and suggestions for the area (where were you all when the planning began, eh? ). I am just getting back after 3 years overseas so I'm also learning as I go. I am certainly taking note of all things firearm when it comes to the people I meet, gear I use, locations and anything else. I do have a vested interest in the firearms community and I intend to foster that interest.

I would like to remind everyone that this will be our first event, not our last. We will certainly vary the locations and try to get to as many friendly ranges in the area that our members can enjoy.

Thanks to the folks at SharpShooter for allowing our bunch to roll in and enjoy the range.

1Andy2

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Beeville
    For future reference, it was the email alert that got my attention for this get-together. Maybe we should do an email alert for the planning thread next time.

RoloSport

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Or visit the forum more often

LOL….I must admit. I didn’t know about it until I got an e-mail to my yahoo account.:confused: I am sorry guys it’s not the Corpus Christi Gun Club; it’s the Corpus Christi Pistol and Rifle Club. Here is their web link: http://www.ccpistolrifleclub.com/.

Yeah, if I have to hear some fool from the sharp shooter start talking about how people should be embarrassed in having a 9mm and hearing ridiculous remarks like the 9mm can’t go through car doors or glass; I may snap. However, when I asked to test his facts on his car, he quickly shut up….hehe.

Anyway, I am glade you set something up and will attend this one with the hopes of a different location for the future. Also, Andy is right; at the Starry it’s only 10 bucks a gun all day long or until you run out of ammo.

Later-Rolo

1Andy2

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Beeville
    I hate to be so gauche as to mention price...

But SS lists $15 an hour per lane... 12pm-6pm would be $90, so is there some sort of group rate or is this going to be a drift in, say hi, and shoot as normal per-customer price until you want to leave or what?

Sorry. I just need details.

Top Bottom