• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    been an Oakley man all my life but lately I've been considering a transition to Costa....anybody use em that can speak for em? Are they as good as advertised?

I am outdoors constantly as I drive from location to location around town for work, love to golf, fish, hunt, hike etc. So they'll get used a lot! The blue lenses for harsh light have me intrigued!

Sent from...wait where am I!?
    Military Camp

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I switched because Oakleys became so "blingy". Costas are expensive too, but work extremely well. The blue lenses seem to increase contrast while shading the eyes. I love them.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Good stuff. Expensive but worth it IMO.
    I wear them while on the water fishing all day and never feel eye fatigue.
    I prefer the amber lenses.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My buddy that is big into bass tournaments swears by them.

My wife loves her pair also. I haven't owned any but I haven't heard any complaints.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Worth every cent. I will be at lunch in two weeks( can't bring myself to give bone daddy's a second chance) try mine on.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I used to be a big fan of AO and Ray Ban, but then I realized sun glasses don't have to cost that much. Anything amber, polarized, has a comfortable frame, and under $20 is my favorite.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Mine cost 12. Polarized and haven't scratched given my extensive abuse.

And I don't have to care if I lose them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Mine cost 12. Polarized and haven't scratched given my extensive abuse.

And I don't have to care if I lose them.

I don't see any way you could get true polarized glasses that cheap. The cheapest I've seen were around $30, but were poorly made. Maybe so... Some have colored lenses that appear to be polarized, but really are not.

I've been wearing Maui Jim glasses for a few years. Seem to hold up better than the Bolle I used to wear.

They are very comfortable, and durable. I prefer the amber lenses too. Very nice for driving, and when I fish I can see into the water. I love them. I know a guy that wears Costa, he likes them alot. I don't see much difference between my Maui Jim's and his Costa.

I have some sport-style glasses I wear when fishing and doing activities. They have rubber pads on the arms that seem to work really well. They stay on even when bending over picking up stuff, etc.

And I have a pair of large ones. They are great when driving, etc. I wear them every day.

They also have a great warranty. Drop your glasses and ruin the lenses? Send them in and they replace the lenses for a flat $75. I have a pair on their way back to me now with new lenses, that I dropped on the rocks at Port A. That granite scratched the crap of them.

I don't see me switching from Maui Jims. They are better than any I have worn in the past, and the warranty is great.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I tend to like my eyes and rather spend the money to protect against UV rays. Costas are nice and so are Wiley X that I use for riding, but for shooting I use Ess. Ess come in polarized and many different shades (including clear) also Hi Def.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I don't buy the big name expensive sunglasses anymore. You can find just as good for a small fraction of the cost. The reason the big name sunglasses are so expensive is because their competition is mostly owned by the same folks. Look up Luxottica for sunglasses they make. Costa is part of Essilor, who has several trade names those who wear glasses have heard about.

Same thing goes for prescription lenses. Get away from the big name expensive stuff the eye doctor pushes and you can get similar for pennies on the dollar by shopping online.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    And many of the cheap sunglasses are proven not to give you the 100% UV protection, which in mho is more important than polarization.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    UVs are good for you. Make you tough.

AJMiley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2018
    United States
    With changing trends, the choice of sunglasses has widened a lot. People tend to buy wholesale sunglasses which are easily available at affordable prices. As Oakley is one my favorite brand, but more exploring on the Internet, I come to know about many wholesale sunglasses suppliers like Amazon, City Sunglass, Ray Ban etc.

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    Besides shooting, I am an avid fly fisherman and spent quite a bit of time on the water. I have two pair of Costas, one prescription, one not. Are they good? Definitely. Are they worth the money I paid? Probably not. I haven't found anything about them that my old Solar Bat glasses can't do.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I'm a saltwater fisherman. Spend many hours out on the water.
    Good quality sunglasses are worth every penny.
    I like Costa's.
    Your eyes will thank you.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I liked Oakley a lot more when they were a private company and glasses were made in the USA.

Luxottica bought them (strong-armed them and fixed the company to sell is more like it), and now increasing numbers are made overseas.

Luxottica still allows some of their brands (e.g. Oakley, Ray Ban) to offer good lenses, but in general eyeglass frames and sunglasses are branded overseas junk with massive profit margins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom