Join TexasGunTalk

Costco. Good outcome thanks to a good-guy with a gun.

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by HKShooter65, Jun 16, 2019.

1. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Scary perspective....

Dad_Roman likes this.
  2. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    This actually happened to me at the Walmart sporting goods where I work.

Two guys, 50's or so, fairly regular customers. Both I believe are vets. Never any problem. In the store shopping one day.
    Young couple also shopping with an infant about a year old or so. Baby is tired and cranky, starts crying.
    Vet 1, goes off. Starts yelling at parents and baby. Vet 2, who is open carrying, backs off a few feet and starts smiling. Dad gets defensive and mom is trying her best to get away. Vet 1 follows while getting louder and acts like he will escalate. I manage to get between them and allow parents to escape his tirade. When vet 1 sees that I am not afraid of either of them, he starts to calm down.

Vet 2 works at a local gun store. I talked to him later. They are deranged bullies.
    Vet one does this quite often. He then claims PTSD. Vet two is there not to calm his buddy or keep him from getting too violent. He is there with his gun to protect his buddy.

To see them most of the time you would never guess, I did not for years, that that is what they do.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dad_Roman and ZX9RCAM like this.
  3. BuzzinSATX

BuzzinSATX Active Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Outside San Antonio
    Wow! Vet or no Vet, I would have probably called cops, probably after the conversation. Hard to tell not being in your shoes...so maybe not. That is definitely a dangerous situation.

4. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Cops might've shot the vets AND their parents.

5. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    They were more interested in being bullies. One to use a "disability" as an excuse and they other to scare folks away. The couple with the baby, really nice young couple, were regular customers to. If they would have hurt that baby, they would have needed that gun.

My point in this. You never know who or when someone will go off. Or how bad it will get. All I would have seen in the situation that cop was in is three people suddenly attacking me while I had a baby. No telling how badly the baby would be hurt in the process or who is going to care for it if I am beaten so bad I can't. No mention of mom being there. More than likely, just like that young couple until I stepped in and they could escape, all he saw was all kinds of danger for the child.

Ok, show hands, if you were armed, who here would let 3 people beat you while you just curled up and hoped you could protect that child?

My hand is NOT up.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce likes this.
  6. Eli

Eli Well-Known

Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Let's wait for the video. Weren't you defending the HPD clown squad that murdered 2 people in their own home as well?

Eli

7. Sublime

Sublime Active Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Why do you want to wait for the video now? I thought you summed it up pretty well earlier. Let's be honest, the clowns were an anomaly. Right?

8. Eli

Eli Well-Known

Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-costco-shooting-explainer-narrative-20190619-story.html
    https://www.latimes.com/california/...dly-shooting-off-duty-lapd-officer-disability
    (Emphasis added by me.)

Sounding more and more like officer A-hole decided to start popping caps in a crowded store without justification. Sixty days later and still not cleared on Use of Force when there's video of the incident? They're stalling to let outrage die down, he'll likely be arrested when there's other big headlines
    I suspect the 'knock out' was likely a drug-induced blackout (roid rage? sleep deprivation? effects of prescription psychotropic or other narcotics?) which resulted in the (drug-addled) officer opening fire on an unarmed man and his elderly parents in a crowded store.

Eli

9. Sublime

Sublime Active Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Wouldn't the video belong to Costco and thus not be applicable to the law cited? Apparently they did not want to give the LATimes the video and they took it to court and a judge ruled.
    Your theory is but one in many. Why do you suspect the knock out was a drug induced blackout? If the LATimes had evidence of that, don't you think they would run with that? They most likely have nothing and thus want to see the tape.