Texas SOT

Costco. Good outcome thanks to a good-guy with a gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    One problem is the family knew the "victim" was off his meds and they took him out in public anyway. Having worked with folks like that, the family had to know they were running a risk to the public but did not care. The whole thing could have been avoided by leaving the "victim" at home.

I am not justifying what the officer did rather pointing out something is possible every day when folks go off their meds. I am certain many current and former LEOs can confirm the problem.

With the State of Texas trying to get them out of the State Schools and "integrated" with society I am surprised there are not more problems like that one. I know the problem with the mentally retarded and/or psychologically impaired is so bad in San Angelo that they have a section or squad just to deal with them.
    Military Camp

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    One problem is the family knew the "victim" was off his meds and they took him out in public anyway. Having worked with folks like that, the family had to know they were running a risk to the public but did not care. The whole thing could have been avoided by leaving the "victim" at home.

I am not justifying what the officer did rather pointing out something is possible every day when folks go off their meds. I am certain many current and former LEOs can confirm the problem.

With the State of Texas trying to get them out of the State Schools and "integrated" with society I am surprised there are not more problems like that one. I know the problem with the mentally retarded and/or psychologically impaired is so bad in San Angelo that they have a section or squad just to deal with them.

It usually takes 2 to tango. Yes the parents could have left the guy at home. They could have given him his meds…

The cop could have also not shot a couple of people who apparently didn’t need shooting.

I’m thinking the rational, professional, highly trained individual has more of a burden to bear here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I was at the Frisco Costco last Sunday. A man and his son (about 60yo & 35yo?) began fighting multiple times, screaming, punches, one took off their belt and was hitting the other. Absolutely no security and some poor small female employee asked them to leave which they ignored for awhile. Wife thought one of them might have a mental issue but I couldn't tell which one. Yes, their no firearm policy on their membership should make everyone feel safe.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I was at the Frisco Costco last Sunday. A man and his son (about 60yo & 35yo?) began fighting multiple times, screaming, punches, one took off their belt and was hitting the other. Absolutely no security and some poor small female employee asked them to leave which they ignored for awhile. Wife thought one of them might have a mental issue but I couldn't tell which one. Yes, their no firearm policy on their membership should make everyone feel safe.
    This is sarcasm, right?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom