Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Get your ass to a Dr ASAP
    I did. She's the one who gave me the prescription cough medicine I mentioned. She said my lungs are clear and I just have a "common cold; a really bad one, but just a common cold."

I think I turned the corner last night. I'm feeling a little better this morning.
    Capitol Armory ad

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I did. She's the one who gave me the prescription cough medicine I mentioned. She said my lungs are clear and I just have a "common cold; a really bad one, but just a common cold."

I think I turned the corner last night. I'm feeling a little better this morning.

I'm glad you are feeling better and are one your way back to a happy day.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016

That's good, sore/stiff neck symptoms are not to be fooled around with...

To answer the ops question: For me Hot Tea with Cinnamon and Honey, does the trick.

DayQuil Severe Do Not Exceed Recommend Dosage!

Sent from my iPhone?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Here's a receipt, folks might want to try.

http://www.naturalnews.com/2016-12-...ing-your-own-diy-all-natural-cough-syrup.html

Ingredients

• One medium organic navel orange, cut into one to two-inch pieces (do not peel)
    • One organic lemon, cut into one-inch pieces (do not peel)
    • Two-inch piece of fresh ginger, chopped
    • Two teaspoons mixed peppercorns
    • One cinnamon stick
    • Two tablespoons water
    • Two tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
    • One cup raw honey
    Directions

1. In a saucepan, combine orange and lemon pieces, ginger, peppercorns, cinnamon stick and water. Heat over medium heat while mashing the ingredients with a wooden spoon to release the juices. Lightly crush the cinnamon stick and peppercorns.
    2. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes or until fragrant.
    3. When fragrant, stir in the coconut oil and raw honey until the coconut oil is melted. Remove from the heat and allow to steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
    4. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth and pour into a clean jar with a lid.
    5. To use, take one or two tablespoons as needed until the symptoms disappear.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Neti pot. Clear out the nose, sinuses, and post nasal drip and it helps the throat irritation.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    OTC guaifenesin dosages do little to nothing. "Prescription strength" Mucinex is the same stuff, just a higher dosage. Take three times what the OTC bottle says. Just don't do that with the "D" versions, as taking that much cough suppressant is really bad for you.

Gargling with mouthwash helps me with the discomfort of the sore throat. Make sure it gets all the way to the back as you gargle. You know it's working when it burns. I think those type remedies are very user specific, however... Tea with honey and a "warming" liquor helps most folks.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I don't know of anything that cures a cough, but Delsym cough medicine works the best on me for reducing it some. Along with cough drops.

Top Bottom