Patriot Mobile

Court: 3D printer gun files, national security interest trumps free speech.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Once files are released on the internet they are not able to be restricted ever again. News at 11... federal judges don't understand how file sharing and the internet work.

Darkpriest667,

According to the News on WOAI-TV, the information was released onto the Worldwideweird BEFORE the judge issued his temporary injunction.
    (This is called: A day late & a dollar short.)

yours, satx

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Darkpriest667,

According to the News on WOAI-TV, the information was released onto the Worldwideweird BEFORE the judge issued his temporary injunction.
    (This is called: A day late & a dollar short.)

yours, satx

Yes, it's interesting the lack of fundamental understanding about things like information and firearms that many JUDGES have. First, it's far easier to kill multiple people with a knife out of the kitchen drawer than a 3d printed gun. I use the word GUN loosely.

I'm probably one of the few people that have handled one of these "ghost" guns and see them attempt to be fired. A) They're not very reliable B) they're not accurate AT ALL and C) they're good for MAYBE 3 shots before one or multiple parts of the receiver fail.

They're mostly a gimmick for now. Perhaps we should get together and print one and make a video on youtube showing how completely unreliable and unfeasible they are as a weapon.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Darkpriest667,

At least in 2018, given how expensive that the 3D printers are (A friend in Northern VA has one that they make parts for machinery with. - That printer cost over 40,000.oo in 2016.) I seriously doubt that many "printed guns" will be made.

MOST such "ghost guns", imo, for the immediate future will be AR receivers.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hoe on earth does suing the head of the executive branch make any sense, when the decision was made by the judicial branch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar,

ImVho, the reason is that 90% of the ANTI-gun LEFT is a motley collection of FOOLS, MORONS, BIGOTS & Trump-HATERS.

EMPTY-HEADS describes most of the Leftists, so expect little that's even HALF-intelligent out of that crowd.
    As an example how CLUELESS that many on the MORON LEFT are, a "spokeswoman" for a CA congress-critter said on CNN, last Tuesday evening, that, "All we have to do to stop murder is to pass a federal law outlawing such terrible crimes."

yours, satx

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Darkpriest667,

At least in 2018, given how expensive that the 3D printers are (A friend in Northern VA has one that they make parts for machinery with. - That printer cost over 40,000.oo in 2016.) I seriously doubt that many "printed guns" will be made.

MOST such "ghost guns", imo, for the immediate future will be AR receivers.

yours, satx

Not that I am siding with them, but their argument is that the technology will advance and become cheaper and readily available in the future.

However, it still doesn't explain the fact that how to guides for narcotics, explosives and all sorts of nasty ideas, wouldn't be mentioned in their crusade as well. Well, it does explain it because they are retards , but you get my point.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    If anyone had half a brain they would support 3 D guns. I cannot think of a better way to kill off gun owners than 3D.

Headlines: 3D printed gun explodes killing JoeD Shit Ragman Made a .44 mag gun from StryoFoam which blew up in his hands severing both at the shoulders and taking his life. JoeD's last words were "hold my beer, watch this"

Making a gun is easy, making a safe and reliable gun...not so much.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Southpaw,

AGREED though the information had evidently already been released, so the judge's injunction accomplished NOTHING & the leftists/"mainstream press" are too CLUELESS to understand even that much.

yours, satx.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ole Cowboy,

Saul __________ (my buddy in NOVA) says that they have made "several M4 receivers, as prototypes for possible sale to the DoD" that, "- - - - work FINE & hold up to extended firing as the molded 'AR-type receivers' do."

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Now that is a freaking genius!

avvidclif,

Evidently, the "spokeswoman" is so IGNORANT & STUPID that she doesn't know that murder is already against the law everywhere.
    Do I need to tell you that she is a leftist DIMocRAT??

yours, satx

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Hoe on earth does suing the head of the executive branch make any sense, when the decision was made by the judicial branch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The leftist narrative is that if lightning strikes and kills someone, it's Trump's fault.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The leftist narrative is that if lightning strikes and kills someone, it's Trump's fault.

You are 100% CORRECT. = Most members of the DIMocRATS Party in 2018 are blinded by UNREASONING HATE of President Trump that they blame everything bad upon him.
    (I know people here in SATX that are so blinded by their anti-Trump HATE that they would blame him for falling in their own bathtub.)

yours, satx

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    From the TTAG article...

“Guttenberg and others worry easy access to plastic guns is a public-safety issue...”

Well, Glock is already out there.

I’m not a lawyer, nor did I play one on TV or sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I’d really like to see the injunction to see what the legal basis is, other than legislating from the bench.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Well I have the file now, wasn't that difficult to get at all.

Attachments

• 0c4eed48528bb40f654f10a475c83ca6.png
      0c4eed48528bb40f654f10a475c83ca6.png
      10.9 KB · Views: 191

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    How have we gotten to the point where a single judge 1200 miles away can stop something? How does this judge have standing?

IMHO it should either have to be a judge in the same Circuit Court area or a judge in DC since they are stopping an agreement that the Government was party to.

This goes along with how the hell does a judge in Hawaii stop an Executive Order in Washington D.C.?

The left is very good at judge shopping. The power of the Judicial branch has grown way to far. The three branches are supposed to be equal, however it seems that the Judicial branch is the only real power. You can't do anything without their consent.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom