• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/court-rules-sandy-hook-families-sue-gunmaker-rifle/story?id=61682953

I guess it's now OK to sue a car manufacturer if a drunk driver kills a family member. The insanity continues...

Most shootings result in lawsuits, most are tossed via PLCAA. I think one was successful as the shop was gross negligent as law allowed.

This will go back to Federal Court where it will be tossed, since there is zip negligence. For example this quote:

"Nicole Hockley said Remington and other gunmakers need to stop gearing their advertising toward troubled young men."

Well keep in mind Adam Lanza did not buy the weapon, he stole it from his mother whom he murdered. So how exactly are they going to show Remington marketed the gun to a killer when it was actually bought by his law-abiding mother?

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    This is a travesty from every which way. The court disallowed most of the lawsuit on PLCAA grounds but allowed the portion on inappropriate advertising to stand. I can only assume that Remington is going to spend a bunch of money to get this to the Federal Supreme Court. What I fear most is that Remington will settle out-of-court on this one issue to save money. So many government agencies do, why not a financially troubled company? Than the flood gates will open. With so much emphasis on new laws and not on enforcement of existing laws, I'm glad I won't live to see the country in 2040.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The Chief Justice of that court is a "diversity" appointment appointed by the dim governor so the court "looks more like the people who appear before it".

Can't expect anything else from a democrat but feel good emotion and surface deep attributes.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Are we going to allow automakers to be sued when a drunk driver crashes and kills someone? Are we going to make the knife maker liable when some twatwaffle stabs her husband to death? Where does the insanity of no responsibility for you actions stop?

Word of the day...

billyb4u64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2017
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/court-rules-sandy-hook-families-sue-gunmaker-rifle/story?id=61682953

I guess it's now OK to sue a car manufacturer if a drunk driver kills a family member. The insanity continues...
    In the news that morning officer put AR15 on Top of car . Was stated that Glock pistols with extended magazines were used in the murders of the children . I was in the gym doing time on working my leg strength . He murdered his mother & stole the guns . He never had posession legally of those weapons !! Obummer gave the family's money now state is giving blood money . Another cash grab by theifs .

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Adam Lanza tried to buy a rifle before the shooting the FFL Holder turned him down. He murdered his mom to get the Gun. The State Supreme Court is being Activist. Two other courts had ruled against the family. The Federal Courts will slap it down.

DaleGribble82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2019
    NC
    This is total horse shit. I’m disgusted and appalled. What is wrong with people in America. This is downright pathetic. I’m sorry about the kids, but they are just after money. Compensation because of what. A psychopath used a weapon with a certain name on it?? Total bullshit **** these people and their cause, and **** the entire state of Connecticut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    5bb5ec5a2400005000981174.jpg

Attachments

• 5bb5ec5a2400005000981174.jpg
      5bb5ec5a2400005000981174.jpg
      41.1 KB · Views: 513
    Top Bottom