• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I just got off the phone with the Service Department at Covert Ford on Research Blvd in Austin. I'm shocked beyond belief. We received a safety recall notice #21S24 from Ford. When I called Covert to schedule the service I was told they don't do recalls on a scheduled time. I'm to drop it off for 3 to 5 days and they'll try to do the Recall Service during that time. No guarantees.

I guess that next SUV I'll be getting won't be from a COVERT dealership.

Anyone run into recall services being done this way?

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Is this the Covert on 183? I took my F-150 in in mid-June in to have a faulty window switch replaced (under warranty). I was initially told 3-5 days, which turned into 5-7 days. I got it back nearly a month later. I know these guys are swamped and probably short handed but I don't understand why they can't schedule for a specific appointment to diagnose and then, if they have to order parts or whatever, a specific appointment to do the work.

In my case they apparently didn't have the switches in stock, which seemed weird. F-150 window switches doesn't seem like an obscure item but who knows? I hear rumblings of major supply line stresses on all these things, since they pretty much all come from China.

Also, my Ford App thing keeps giving me notice of some kind of "powertrain control module" recall but the service techn told me that they've found that the fix causes some other issue so they're waiting for THAT to be resolved before doing any more.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I thought I should provide an update since my first rant on Covert. Yep, its the Ford/Lincoln Covert on 183N near the Rudy's BBQ. I waited until last week to take it in since I wouldn't need it for a while. I dropped it off around 3pm. They were nice and gave me ride home to my door. The next day I was contacted and it was done! I was amazed. What happened next was even more amazing to me. They came to my door and picked me up to go and get it.

I have to give it Covert this time. I was impressed with their speed and customer care. Much better than the VW dealer I use in town.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Got a recall notice for the rear view camera. (Apparently some of them just fall out.) I was at the dealership for something else and asked them to address that. The guy asked when it failed. Well, it didn't fail yet. Oh, well we only replace them if they've failed. What??? That's not what the recall says. Nope, says the Ford guy, we only replace safety recalls before they fail. Otherwise you have to pay for the fix.

Grrrrrrrrrr!

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Friend has had a 2018 F 150 that has been at the dealer more time than with him. The dealer decides he need. a complete engine wiring harness but they say there isn’t one anywhere in the US. My friend finds one in fl. But it is spoken for. He the calls Canada and finds one ( he didn’t call Mexico because he does not speak ) He has Canada overnight it to him and he takes it to the Ford dealer. He gets a call from the dealer the next day, he is offered the job of parts manager.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I had a recall on a stabilizer link a few years ago on my Jeep. Dealers around DFW had none in stock and many owners complained about long wait times. I found one at a dealer in Oklahoma, ordered it online for $20+, spent 20 minutes installing, submitted my receipt to FCA and received a full reimbursement within a few weeks.

Not all recalls are as simple but sure beats dealing with the stealership.

Top Bottom