• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Somebody called me a $3 word once.
    Misanthrope.
    I had to look it up.
    Better than unprepossessing. Actually it's a smart way to conduct yourself now a days. Might keep you alive.

Although I guess being unprepossessing can lead involuntarily to being a misanthrope.

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The US had 129 cases two weeks ago. We're over 8700 cases now. And that's with limited testing. It's estimated between 50,000 and 500,000 people in the US have already been exposed to the virus. Since 80% have little to no symptoms, thats possible.

Hopefully the malaria drug and plasma treatment works and will be available ASAP. It's a scary thought to get sick for which there is no treatment except put you on a ventilator and hope/pray your body's immunity system is strong enough to beat the infection.
    It's not the virus that kills you. Its the secondary bacterial pneumonia that kills you.

Most people will think they have got allergies or something if the don't notice or sleep thru the few hours of fever many are reporting. Those are the dangerous people. The same people who spread colds and flu, they don't get that sick.

Knock on wood but other than allergies and my defective back I haven't been sick since 1996 when a wound infection almost got me. Almost. The bright side is I lost almost 45 lbs in a week, better than any weightloss surgery or Jenny Craig but I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. If I wasn't younger its would be ave killed me for sure.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    LA County set up a ruse.

They closed beachfront Dockweiler Beach, to setup a quarantine area for those infected. They even kicked out people who had been renting there.

https://www.dailybreeze.com/dockwei...us-quarantine-center-el-segundo-official-says

What’s the ruse?
    They’re housing homeless people there. Beachfront, new RV’s.

Local media not reporting it...obviously.
    But confirmed in this article and via someone I know who’s LAPD.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ms-protect-homeless-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Edit:
    Also confirmed by someone who works at the water treatment plant across the street. Crazy shit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    LA County set up a ruse.

They closed beachfront Dockweiler Beach, to setup a quarantine area for those infected. They even kicked out people who had been renting there.

https://www.dailybreeze.com/dockwei...us-quarantine-center-el-segundo-official-says

What’s the ruse?
    They’re housing homeless people there. Beachfront, new RV’s.

Local media not reporting it...obviously.
    But confirmed in this article and via someone I know who’s LAPD.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ms-protect-homeless-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing can go wrong with this....

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    4eb4c57aabe456cc51dd9cd7c83b14b5.jpg

Attachments

• 4eb4c57aabe456cc51dd9cd7c83b14b5.jpg
      4eb4c57aabe456cc51dd9cd7c83b14b5.jpg
      76.1 KB · Views: 695

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well the wife's store shut down. With vacation sick time and savings we could go probably 3 months.

The girls work for kroger and walmart and are working shit loads of overtime since colleges and schools are out. They can probably stretch that indefinitely with their savings and the fact they live here free while in school so we will be ok.

Lots of people wont.

The good news. Every grocery store walmart and Amazon are begging for short term help. Hell the wife used to be a walmart manager so stocking shelves will just bolster out income. It's sad she is over 55 and works her employees into the ground. They can't keep up. People just don't want to work hard anymore.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Well the wife's store shut down. With vacation sick time and savings we could go probably 3 months.

The girls work for kroger and walmart and are working shit loads of overtime since colleges and schools are out. They can probably stretch that indefinitely with their savings and the fact they live here free while in school so we will be ok.

Lots of people wont.

The good news. Every grocery store walmart and Amazon are begging for short term help. Hell the wife used to be a walmart manager so stocking shelves will just bolster out income. It's sad she is over 55 and works her employees into the ground. They can't keep up. People just don't want to work hard anymore.
    Praying the shut down will be short and people will come to their senses.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Volume testing started today. We are are over 11,000 right now.

Mostly in 3 states, CA,WA, NY.

Positive cases are going up so fast. Same organization had 8,000+ this morning. And by the afternoon, they had the count over 11,000. Read where it will peak in 45 days.

Top Bottom