Military Camp

Cowards at Bell County SO shot my dog in the head.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    A dog occasionally getting out is NOT negligence. Dogs are extremely intelligent and despite the best precautions they will in all likelihood get out at some point.
    What dogs do when they are not secure is negligence by the owner. The case of the two dogs running down the highway that is negligence. Not intentional, but if the dogs get off the property and run down the highway that is what is. I don't agree (in this case) they should be shot, but if they get hit by a car the end result is the same (they die), except now you have damaged property, possible human injury or worse. Not to mention hitting a dogs with a car is psychologically traumatizing. If my dogs escape my property and something happens to them or they do something they arent suppose to do, that is on me and my negligence.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    @V-Tach started it, but I'm sure you're man enough to end it. :)
    They're good. At least it goes along with the original intent of the thread. Ignorance.
    None of us were there and the video leaves out a lot. But the fact that it says hte cop is in hot water over it says a lot.
    What if someone that disliked the dogs let them lose on purpose? Or they were dumped? Or the owner died and they ggot lose looking for food? Could be a bunch of reasons we are not privy to for them being lose.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    They're good. At least it goes along with the original intent of the thread. Ignorance.
    None of us were there and the video leaves out a lot. But the fact that it says hte cop is in hot water over it says a lot.
    What if someone that disliked the dogs let them lose on purpose? Or they were dumped? Or the owner died and they ggot lose looking for food? Could be a bunch of reasons we are not privy to for them being lose.

You're right. Sometimes I get a tad over protective and push in when it's not necessary at all... especially now. Glad to hear Bait is doing better... please tell him Duke says hi. :)

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I left out the "what ifs" for a reason, but we can certainly go there. Like what if those dogs just mauled a child to death. I'll drop it though since negligence is to big of a word for some.

I clicked on this thread this morning to check on Bait not to jump to conclusions on some video that leaves out a lot of the story. Should have been it's own thread anyway and not posted here.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I left out the "what ifs" for a reason, but we can certainly go there. Like what if those dogs just mauled a child to death. I'll drop it though since negligence is to big of a word for some.

I clicked on this thread this morning to check on Bait not to jump to conclusions on some video that leaves out a lot of the story. Should have been it's own thread anyway and not posted here.
    Depends on the definition of negligence, apparently.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    What if the dogs were just trying to get some help because little Timmy fell down the well again.
    Then someone needs to keep a better eye on him because that little bastard is more of a disaster than I was. And I was pretty damn bad. Not uncommon for me to have 2-5 casts and/or stiches from different events at any given time.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    IMG_4425.jpeg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Auto correct or not, they should proof read the address before sending. That has cost himan lives as well. Niether is acceptable.

Oh, but hey, as long as those officers go home that night that's all that's important...

Frankly, when they screw up and get the wrong address "qualified immunity" should go right out the window, at least for the commander on scene who gives the "go" order. Especially when a homeowner or other innocent person winds up dead.

Top Bottom