• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Find out from boss if there was insurance on company vehicle and if you can file insurance claim. I bet that will warrant a sudden desire to investigate.

I'm guessing the deductible would be higher than the loss, so not much, if anything would come from it.

Don't ask questions.... :P

No, the dog knocked a glass container off the counter while she was at the store. Came back to find the poor little bastard bleeding out in closet... She had minutes to get him to the hospital before he would have been gone completely. they put half a liter of blood back in him and it still wasnt enough. He cut himself through the tendon in his leg and through an artery as well. He is fine now. Acting like nothing happened.. He was hit by a lawnmower 8 weeks ago and dumped at the vet. Missing half his paw. Plus he had distemper as a pup and has some neurological damage (he twitches a lot)... So now he has a cast on the front right leg and a cast on the rear left leg and a constant twitch... It is hilarious to watch him try do any business outside.

The vet was going to give him the pink shot, but she had to have him.

I have never seen so much blood mess in my life...

Didnt mean to take this off topic... Not that there is any headway being made here anyways.

Let me guess, dog's name is Lucky?

Boss is either worthless or in on it. When a subordinate brings you a problem like that you don't ignore it.

Just wondering. What should the boss do? Accuse an employee of doing something illegal with no proof? Bring up the fact that some other un-named employee thinks he might be stealing? Like he won't figure that one out. Fire the employee based on speculation and open yourself up to a llawsuit or increased SUTA?

If anything, the boss should have taken an incident report and told him to call the police.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Kyle.
    Is this the same girl?

It is. Long story short. We aren't back together, I just can say no to someone who asks for help. Especially when they are literally all alone. Not sure why her first thought was to call me, but she did. Some interesting convo arose from this all too. She did some reflecting and feels completely ashamed of the way she acted/treated me and admitted she has problems to work on before she can enter back into any sort of relationship with anyone. She was all apologies.

Let me guess, dog's name is Lucky?

That name has been floating around a bit...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You should be able to trust a co-worker; even expect them to look out for you to a certain extent.
    "Should" is the operative word, here. Too bad it doesn't always work out that way.

I've been lucky enough to work with tight knit groups where we happily put ourselves in real, physical danger to cover each other. Unfortunately, that wasn't always the case.

I learned a big lesson early in my work career. Since my father died when I was a teen, I kept a silver dollar in my pocket that was minted in the year of my dad's birth. When I got my first office job after college, I put that silver dollar up on my desk as inspiration. This was an open cube farm where eight people in my area could always see who came and went to any desk.

I left the coin on my desk one day when I went to lunch. It vanished. It wasn't worth much so the monetary loss didn't hurt. What hurt was that no one in the office had my back. It was simply impossible for someone to walk up to my desk without at least a couple of people observing what happened. Despite that, no one spoke up.

I learned to be a little less trusting. OTOH, the guy who worked two desks over from me got hauled out in handcuffs when his background investigation came in. All those warrants for check fraud and various other small-time crimes finally caught up to him. I had always suspected him in the loss of my coin so I marked down his departure to karmic payback, bought another coin, and continued on.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I haven't read all the posts so excuse me if this has already been posted. Have you considered setting the ******* up? It wouldn't be too hard to hide a small camera, drop some hits about something of value in your backpack and let the prick hang himself. If that doesn't work, get a copy of "How to Screw People" by Paladin Press and let the games begin.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I haven't read all the posts so excuse me if this has already been posted. Have you considered setting the ******* up? It wouldn't be too hard to hide a small camera, drop some hits about something of value in your backpack and let the prick hang himself. If that doesn't work, get a copy of "How to Screw People" by Paladin Press and let the games begin.

The fact that this publication exists disturbs me.

Not surprised but disturbed.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    With decades in industry, I wouldn't trust ANYONE around $100 cash. That stuff stays put up, locked up and accessible to no one. Perhaps that's from growing up in Chicago.

A "friend" in Chicago broke into my car by smashing a side window. My neighbor saw the car the guy was driving, so I knew who did it.

I took a 12" adjustable wrench, stuck it in my back pocket and went looking for him. He saw me coming and without saying a word, pulled out his wallet and started peeling off bills. He knew me and realized he was going to get beaten down without another word spoken. Maybe folks could get by with that back then but today, the little weenies would have you charged with assault before the sun set. The best plan is to keep your valuables LOCKED UP!

Don't trust anyone!

Flash

Last edited:

Blayglock

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    A few options:

1. File a police report
    2. Steal some of his stuff
    3. When no one is looking punt him in the taint.
    4. Let it go.
    5. Put laxative in his coffee

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Just wondering. What should the boss do? Accuse an employee of doing something illegal with no proof? Bring up the fact that some other un-named employee thinks he might be stealing? Like he won't figure that one out. Fire the employee based on speculation and open yourself up to a llawsuit or increased SUTA?

If anything, the boss should have taken an incident report and told him to call the police.

It's not the boss' job to investigate, buy it is his responsibility to report it to company security and file a Police report wether Mike did or not. It's a crime that occurred at the workplace. He was informed of it and looked the other way.

Its up to the company's security or police to investigate. If they find something then the boss can fire him with cause.

Top Bottom