Coyotes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sjones, Dec 7, 2009.

1. sjones

sjones Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I live out in the country outside of Waxahachie,Texas which is about 25 miles south of dallas.Last night about 2100,I took my little poodle out to do his business and I saw 2 right out by my mailbox,maybe 30 yards from my house.As soon as they saw me they took off.No big deal as I always carry my glock 19 with me anyway.Well this morning about 0930 I saw another one crossing the road right in front of me.Now thats a little unusual as you don't generaly see them during the day.About a month ago my neighbor just down the road lost a little terrier to coyotes.I think they must be getting hungrier than normal for some reason.I sure wish I could see one when I have my 12ga or my ak with me.There used to be a bounty on them but I don't think there is now. sj

2. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I live in a pretty much urban area, but we see them quite often. Especially in the little green belt area I work out at 5 or so days a week. They duck out of the woods, and if they see you, the duck right back in. Bob cats as well, but a lot less frequently.

I think they are learning to live in the urban areas, as they have no natural enemies, and there is an abundance of squirrels nurtured by local bird feeders.

3. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I've seen yotes, foxes, bobcats and what appeared to be a cougar, that was a big effin cat

4. sjones

sjones Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    EMPT I used to go fishing down there and it was great fishing,but haven't been there in a long while now.

5. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    sadly I don't fish all that often anymore. Several people I work with fish alot and catch alot.

6. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They're a lot more "urban" in parts of the country where nobody bothers killing them. San Francisco had a problem with them in Golden Gate Park. At least they wiped out the feral cats there before the city decided the yotes had to go. :banger:

7. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I almost hit two one night about 0100 on New Hope about a 1/4 mile away from the Cedar Park center. And Sunday night I saw a fox in pretty much the same spot.

8. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    In my area of California and hiking in remote desert areas, I often run into the human coyotes with a bunch of illegals in tow behind them. :1zhelp:

9. Willy

Willy Well-Known

Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    sjones - I live between Red Oak and Waxahachie and hear coyotes behind my house almost every night in a pasture. They don't come near because of my boxers. One of my boxers did get tangled up with a bobcat last year. All I saw were the scratches on his hip. My next door neighbor saw the bobcat harrassing his puppy on back porch on the night before.

10. sjones

sjones Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    Willy,you must live pretty close to me as I live just off of 813 like you're going to rocket.I live about 3 miles west of rocket. sj