• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Some are still holding grudges towards Abbott for how he dealt with the "pandemic" and his mandates regarding it.
    After listening to Allen West on Tim Pool's live show tonight, I believe Abbot is also waffling on the border situation. States don't need the federal government's permission to protect their own borders, Texas has every right to send in the national guard to counter catch and release.
    ARJ Defense ad

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Yeah.....violating the Texas Constitution and acting like a banana-republic dictator does rub folks the wrong way......
    Can you give me some examples? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just wanting to learn more about the leadership of my new state.

Thanks to all that have given their opinions to my question.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Can you give me some examples? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just wanting to learn more about the leadership of my new state.

AS far as what I said, you can refer to the 10th Amendment.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    My thoughts on Abbott?

Last year the way the "pandemic" was handled by him wasn't his finest hour or achievements, but in all honesty, last year was a fiasco all over the country in how it was handled.

I'd like to think that Abbott did the best he could have done in that situation. A lot of people criticized his handling of the "pandemic" but very few were offering better options, or not even offering solutions, just bitching and moaning about Abbott.

But I'm not to the point of tossing Abbott under the bus just yet. We got Constitutional Carry because Abbott signed it into law. He could have just as well caved to the pressure of those opposing it, and vetoed the bill. But he promised to sign it if it crossed his desk, and he did just that, and now later this year it will be law in Texas.

Abbott isn't perfect, but IMO he's damn sight better than some we could have sitting in Austin.
    I think Desantis pretty much stole the show and over shadowed Abbott. Desantis is seen as setting the stage for lifting the restrictions, and unfortunately that puts Abbott in the me too category with a portion of the populace. All in all, if you look at the other 49 governors and where those states are in their freedoms, jobs, and economic opportunities, Abbott has done a good job for Texas, and if he’s re-elected then I certainly won’t lose any sleep over it. Yes, I would also like to hear more from Allen West. I’m intrigued and I do think he would give Abbott a run for his money. I do wonder though if any skeletons will surface if or when he throws his political hat in the arena. I also wonder if political damage during the debates is worth it to oust a sitting Governor that is (in my mind) at 90% of where we need to be. Just my observations.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think Desantis pretty much stole the show and over shadowed Abbott. Desantis is seen as setting the stage for lifting the restrictions, and unfortunately that puts Abbott in the me too category with a portion of the populace. All in all, if you look at the other 49 governors and where those states are in their freedoms, jobs, and economic opportunities, Abbott has done a good job for Texas, and if he’s re-elected then I certainly won’t lose any sleep over it. Yes, I would also like to hear more from Allen West. I’m intrigued and I do think he would give Abbott a run for his money. I do wonder though if any skeletons will surface if or when he throws his political hat in the arena. I also wonder if political damage during the debates is worth it to oust a sitting Governor that is (in my mind) at 90% of where we need to be. Just my observations.
    Allen West has entered the governor race, that's why he resigned as the chairman of the Texas Republican Party.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    I don’t know if it’s that people are against Abbott in these polls as much as there are more interesting candidates. Abbott didn’t even go to CPAC. To do well in these early tests, you need to have national media presence and a big personality. Trump has both those in spades. In comparison, Greg Abbott is like oatmeal. He’s an ok governor, and he might be a good president (1000x better than creepy Joe), but he doesn’t grab and hold your attention.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I don’t know if it’s that people are against Abbott in these polls as much as there are more interesting candidates. Abbott didn’t even go to CPAC. To do well in these early tests, you need to have national media presence and a big personality. Trump has both those in spades. In comparison, Greg Abbott is like oatmeal. He’s an ok governor, and he might be a good president (1000x better than creepy Joe), but he doesn’t grab and hold your attention.

That's an interesting analysis, and actually pretty good.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

This list could be much longer. The problem is that he'll "talk" well, but then, when say, he could actually call a special session to do something, he does it on fluff stuff, never the actual priorities. And the fact that he HAS called special sessions tells you that the things he doesn't bring up to those special sessions aren't really that important to him. Yes, he finally signed a permitless carry bill this time around, but he said he'd do that several sessions before, and never before bothered to add it as a legislative priority for a special session.

There are a bunch of us that would hold our nose to vote for Abbott if he wins the primary, but are dedicated to voting for a primary challenger against him. That said, I wouldn't vote for him as President, and would write in someone else instead...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Also, although I'm sure Florida would probably beg DeSantis not to leave as governor, wouldn't it be a dream team if there was a Trump - DeSantis ticket in 2024?

You're half right. Trump needs to stay out of it. DeSantis needs to be the Republican candidate and he needs to find a solid VP.

Trump will do more damage than good.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    You're half right. Trump needs to stay out of it. DeSantis needs to be the Republican candidate and he needs to find a solid VP.

Trump will do more damage than good.

I have to agree. Trump brings too much controversy to the table that the GOP doesn't need. I see him better suited to being the Republican version of Soros....leading the charge in publicity and funding to combat the rising tide of Marxism. I'd even support him becoming the Chairman of the GOP. But we need someone else as POTUS.....even though he did well in the office.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I lost my respect for him a LOT before that, when his loyalty to Trump kept his alleged Christian beliefs from directing him to occasionally confront the President on things relating to morality. Seemed like a rubber stamper.

Glad Abbott isn't doing great.
    Not arguing, but can you elaborate?

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Kind of my thoughts as well. I lost respect for Pence when he waffled on Trump after the election.
    Waffled on Trump?

Trump wanted Pence to do something he could not do. That was Trump's fault, not Pence.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Waffled on Trump?

Trump wanted Pence to do something he could not do. That was Trump's fault, not Pence.
    I agree in that I don't think Pence was being malicious, but I still tend to think Pence could have and should have moved slower and addressed the voting irregularities in a number of states.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom