Venture Surplus ad

Cpl. Rusty (Lee Aaker) from Rin Tin Tin has died.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Age 77

images
    Target Sports

• Sad
    Reactions: gll

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    What a shame, I jusdt read this at Wikipedia:

"According to Paul Petersen, an advocate for former child actors, Aaker experienced poverty towards the end of his life, and also struggled with substance abuse. Petersen said Aaker “passed away in Arizona on April 1st, alone & unclaimed, listed as an ‘indigent decedent.' " (source). That they are broke and or addicts too often seems to be the case with child actors once they move onto adulthood. Shit, if I lived in AZ and heard in time that his body was unclaimed, I would have arranged the funeral and burial or cremation myself or at least would have made a donation to a Go Fund Me type thing to have him sent off properly.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If you 'know' the show "Rin Tin Tin" you're a might long in the tooth...like me.

"Lassie" was my other favorite dog show especially because 'he' (it was a male dog) could speak excellent English...well ok, not speak, but understand intricate and highly complex English....

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I am.
    And I remember Lassie.
    I remember the first time I saw a color TV too. And the first color show. Walt Disney. One of the ones with the Irish Setter. Always wanted one, never had one.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I am.
    And I remember Lassie.
    I remember the first time I saw a color TV too. And the first color show. Walt Disney. One of the ones with the Irish Setter. Always wanted one, never had one.

First show I saw in color, after we got our first color TV, was Let's Make A Deal. In amazement, I told my brother something like: Wow, look at all the colors. He said something like, what did you expect stupid, it's a color TV. I was amazed nonetheless after having watched television for several years in only black & white. He was also the one to inform me that Oliver of Laurel and Hardy was dead and I asked how could he be dead when he was right there in the television and he explained it was all on film. Back then, my brother was a font of wisdom - or so it seemed to me.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    We were at a family friends house for dinner. After, us kids were in the floor watching tv while the older folks talked and Walt Disney was about to come on. Pop knew it was a color tv and told us that tonight we could watch it in real living color. I told him we watched in living color every week, hell, we got that stupid peacock on our set.
    We were totally amazed when the peacock was actually in colors, not black and white. At the time, even on a color set, most shows were still in black and white.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    The first thing I saw in color was The Wizard of Oz. Way back when they used to broadcast it once a year. We didn't have a color TV so my mom took us to a local Laundromat that had a color TV and we watched it there.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom