• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Nearly every Sunday for supper we'll get together with the family. A few weeks ago, Joanne decided to make the Crack Macaroni and Cheese that a friend of ours back in the Carolinas used to make. She called it Crack Macaroni & Cheese because it's addictive. Anyway, of course, the dish was a huge hit. Last week, it was requested that we bring it again. It got gobbled up.

Yesterday, it was requested again for today. It's currently in the crockpot.

It's very easy to make and it's like....well, crack. It's hard to stop once you start eating it.

1 can of corn (don't drain)
    1 can of creamed corn
    1 stick of butter (we only use 1/2 stick)
    2 diced jalapenos (add jalapenos to your desired taste. I removed the seeds because of the women and children.)
    1/2 of a 1 pound block of Velvetta (we use 3/4 of the block of the plastic cheese)
    1 cup of macaroni

Dump it all in a crockpot and cook on Low for 3 hours. Easy, peasy and it turns out great.

**EDIT** I was informed that the correct name for the dish is Crack Corn. I edited the thread title. We now return to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Nearly every Sunday for supper we'll get together with the family. A few weeks ago, Joanne decided to make the Crack Macaroni and Cheese that a friend of ours back in the Carolinas used to make. She called it Crack Macaroni & Cheese because it's addictive. Anyway, of course, the dish was a huge hit. Last week, it was requested that we bring it again. It got gobbled up.

Yesterday, it was requested again for today. It's currently in the crockpot.

It's very easy to make and it's like....well, crack. It's hard to stop once you start eating it.

1 can of corn (don't drain)
    1 can of creamed corn
    1 stick of butter (we only use 1/2 stick)
    2 diced jalapenos (add jalapenos to your desired taste. I removed the seeds because of the women and children.)
    1/2 of a 1 pound block of Velvetta (we use 3/4 of the block of the plastic cheese)
    1 cup of macaroni

Dump it all in a crockpot and cook on Low for 3 hours. Easy, peasy and it turns out great.

My wife would go gaga for this. Now I'll hafta make it for her.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Something is missing . . .

giphy.gif

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Okay, @Geezer, I have been wanting to try this and it's in the cooker now. Will report back.

Also, I used two fat jalapenos and did not remove the seeds. The wife may not like it.

Top Bottom