Crapping all over for sale ads

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by Dcav, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    As long as the OP can edit it to let people know it is sold this is a great idea. Ofcourse the will be no more bumps which would kinda suck.

2. TXARGUY

TXARGUY Famous Among Dozens Lifetime Member

May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I still like the idea. I have no problem being clear in my initial post or with PMs when I'm trying to sell something.

3. TXARGUY

TXARGUY Famous Among Dozens Lifetime Member

May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The loss of thread bumps is definitely something to consider.

On Armslist they have a function that allows you to bump your listing after so many days. That could work here also. I know just the guy who could write the code to make that happen.

4. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    If it's already locked how would we know if it's sold

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

5. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Not worth the trouble, if you ask me. If someone wants to sell something, then legitimate questions concerning the item should be allowed. If they ask the value of something, they should do so outside of the classifieds section and expect opinions from those who reply (the recent SKS thread is a good example).

I wouldn't get too heavy-handed on moderating the ads, if it's a definite foul such as claiming the price of an item is much lower than posted then I can see it; but questions about the item and offers should still be allowed which will let everyone know where the seller stands on it.

Don't overthink this, the rules for posting and replying in the classifieds are clearly posted and anyone who blatantly disregards them should be punished accordingly.

Now, let me go back and low-ball TRN some more for the nice SA RO he's trying to sell! :D

6. MatteR

MatteR Member

Mar 22, 2013
    How about people just don't be assholes and don't post unless you have a legitimate question? Ohhh wait, this is the internet....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.