• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    From this point on if anyone decides they want to crap all over someones for sale ad, without just cause, you will be banned. If you become a repeat offender you may find your classifieds access revoked, and or a permanent vacation.

Edit: Yes there are ridiculous posts, people attempting to sell ammo at obnoxious prices.
    Yes there are people thinking they're firearms are worth used 300 over retail or more.
    When they do not sell.....
    I have no problem with someone calling out a bogus ad, or a misleading ad, or pointing out a commercial poster.

In simple terms don't be an ass.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    why not just make the ad posts a one post thread - people that are interested can respond via pm

lock the thread after the OP?

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Eh, I'll just stay out of the classifieds section I guess. I don't see it hurting anything for people to respond in one spot. Not everyone has time to answer 30 pm's asking the same questions...usually questions about something you already explained in the ad. I know why its being implemented but don't agree. Since I'm probably in the minority I guess I'll just steer clear.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    How much you want for it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

now that's honestly funny.. i missed what set this off as well.. but obviously something.. i think the back and forth is good input one way or the other if you're polite on price issues.. ie "that's way high" is just wrong.. to say "seen them at a lot of prices" is so much better..

for that matter a co sign of "thats a good value" two or three times is a help for those who are in the market..

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Eh, I'll just stay out of the classifieds section I guess. I don't see it hurting anything for people to respond in one spot. Not everyone has time to answer 30 pm's asking the same questions...usually questions about something you already explained in the ad. I know why its being implemented but don't agree. Since I'm probably in the minority I guess I'll just steer clear.

Well if it were me and I got asked a question(s), I would edit and/or highlight my original post to reflect information that potential buyer(s) were interested in. Kinda like the idea myself.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    why not just make the ad posts a one post thread - people that are interested can respond via pm

lock the thread after the OP?

As long as the OP can edit it to let people know it is sold this is a great idea. Ofcourse the will be no more bumps which would kinda suck.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Well if it were me and I got asked a question(s), I would edit and/or highlight my original post to reflect information that potential buyer(s) were interested in. Kinda like the idea myself.

I still like the idea. I have no problem being clear in my initial post or with PMs when I'm trying to sell something.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    As long as the OP can edit it to let people know it is sold this is a great idea. Ofcourse the will be no more bumps which would kinda suck.

The loss of thread bumps is definitely something to consider.

On Armslist they have a function that allows you to bump your listing after so many days. That could work here also. I know just the guy who could write the code to make that happen.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Not worth the trouble, if you ask me. If someone wants to sell something, then legitimate questions concerning the item should be allowed. If they ask the value of something, they should do so outside of the classifieds section and expect opinions from those who reply (the recent SKS thread is a good example).

I wouldn't get too heavy-handed on moderating the ads, if it's a definite foul such as claiming the price of an item is much lower than posted then I can see it; but questions about the item and offers should still be allowed which will let everyone know where the seller stands on it.

Don't overthink this, the rules for posting and replying in the classifieds are clearly posted and anyone who blatantly disregards them should be punished accordingly.

Now, let me go back and low-ball TRN some more for the nice SA RO he's trying to sell! :D

MatteR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    How about people just don't be assholes and don't post unless you have a legitimate question? Ohhh wait, this is the internet....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom