• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Some of the other forum members have stepped forward to help and there are a few alternatives. Getting an FFL to involved is one of them and hopefully we can get one to commit to helping us out. I am still optimistic so don't let your hopes down just yet.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Well, as I said, some other forum members have been helping and I am pretty confident that we can get a 01 FFL to help us out and that is definitely the way to go on this. I will let you all know about what develops and if/ when we will be able to get our crate.

But if you are interested still let me know.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I counted 10 yay's + whatever you want. Any more takers?

That was what I counted too. Some people would like more than one rifle too. Once I get an FFL nailed down, the place we'll order the crate from, and all the fees figured out I can figure out an average per rifle. It will probably be a flat number per rifle and than whatever your own local FFL charges to have the rifle transferred to you. Unless I guess you can pick them up in person. Not sure where the FFL will be, I hopefully have 2 options at the moment so more info TBD. Also, again thank you to all the people who have been helping me figure this out.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    If we have to do the transfer within ~120 miles of here, I'm good. Pfft - Hicksville for a few hours or a new (ok, old) gun for years.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If you sell them at cost, how is that a business?

It is a very fine line between what business I am allowed to do that is considered going towards my collection and what isn't. I personally have decided not to risk it. In addition, at this moment I am pretty sure we can work something out with an FFL without a huge addition in cost. Hopefully, I will find out today and let you all know the details.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    A quick update. I have spoken to the FFL holder, and we have been able to strike an agreement. Hopefully, before the end of next week I will be able to order a crate. We are working on the details for pricing as well as shipping to individuals. At the moment I think each rifle will cost $140 plus the cost of shipping if you are unable to pick it up in person. The only drawback that I can think of is we will have to wait until after Thanksgiving to actually open the crate and start pulling the rifles. If this still sounds good to the group I will go through with the purchase of the crate.

Now that it seems this will indeed happen, we have a few other things to decide as a group. One is how do we distribute the rifles? I do not know how important picking through the crate is to everyone. I personally am going to drive to the FFL to make sure I am there when the crate is opened, or as close to that event as I can get. Someone mentioned a "lottery" system. I guess in some ways it might depend on how many of you care if you get a "rarer" version.

So, to that end I would like some input from the rest of the interested forum members.

Also, in the interest of keeping things somewhat organized it would be great if we could nail down just who is interested at all. Below is a list of the people who have spoken up so far. It would be great if you could add or subtract your names and also indicate if you want more than one rifle.

robertc1024
    bcannon87
    Leper
    hellishhorses
    Kyle
    Southpaw
    jcrntx for 2?
    Ricklovesbacon for 2?
    1slow01Z71
    txinvestigator

Thanks everyone for being so helpful.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    You can use any number of online randomizers to determine selection order. I don't particularly care for rare editions or anything like that, but if I can find one in great shape with a sentimental serial (kid's birthday, SSN, etc.) I'd take that one. After Thanksgiving is perfect for me.

Hellishhorses - 1 rifle for pick-up

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Thanks Mike for the update and leg work.

Just to clarify, with the cost of the rifles, shipping from vendor plus FFL, we are looking at around $140 per rifle and anything additional would be if one would require shipping from you to them, correct? (Not trying to beat a dead horse, just want to know how much money to set aside)

I personally would like to drive to pick it up myself, at your convenience, of course.

Now, as far as selection. I have no problem with a lottery being done to decide this.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Just to clarify, with the cost of the rifles, shipping from vendor plus FFL, we are looking at around $140 per rifle and anything additional would be if one would require shipping from you to them, correct? (Not trying to beat a dead horse, just want to know how much money to set aside)

Yes, you would be correct as far as I understand all the costs at the moment. Just to add details, the crate is $2600 and shipping is $178 as I have been quoted by Classic.

Also, just thinking out loud here, I can add a "crate" of 7.62x54r for $209. That will be 880 rounds. If that is of interest to people, we can try to figure out a system for splitting up that as well.

I'm glad to see people are still into this.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Yes, you would be correct as far as I understand all the costs at the moment. Just to add details, the crate is $2600 and shipping is $178 as I have been quoted by Classic.

Also, just thinking out loud here, I can add a "crate" of 7.62x54r for $209. That will be 880 rounds. If that is of interest to people, we can try to figure out a system for splitting up that as well.

I'm glad to see people are still into this.
    Jeezus dood! You're taking all my allowance — but at $.24/rd, I'll take 200 rounds, the rifle and give you a $200 bill :D

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom