• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Just to clarify (as I am the FFL and located in ATHENS, TX) if you will be unable to pick up your rifle(s) in person and It needs to be shipped to your FFL shipping from myself to your FFL will be additional to the cost per rifle. I will find the cheapest courier to ship with insurance. For those who want to pick up from me for this group by and because I like y'all my transfer fees will only be $10 flat. Regardless the number of rifles.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Just to clarify (as I am the FFL and located in ATHENS, TX) if you will be unable to pick up your rifle(s) in person and It needs to be shipped to your FFL shipping from myself to your FFL will be additional to the cost per rifle. I will find the cheapest courier to ship with insurance. For those who want to pick up from me for this group by and because I like y'all my transfer fees will only be $10 flat. Regardless the number of rifles.

I ain't in. Just want to say Bravo bcannon.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Then I'm out.
    Sorry, I thought this was going down in the Austin area. With my FFL fee's plus shipping it will be way more then I was looking at spending.

Thank you for clarifying and good luck to everyone else.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Yes, with the numbers as they appear now, each rifle would be $148.90. If you are unable to pick it up you will have to factor in the transfer fee. As bcannon87 said he is the FFL and he is in Athens, TX. According to Google maps it is about 4 hours from Austin. If anyone wants to carpool with me we can work that out. I have an SUV so I could take 3 people comfortably, or 4 uncomfortably.

Also, please everyone who is involved give a big thanks to bcannon87 for making this possible.

Sorry this thread has been a little confusing. Things have been developing as I have been learning things.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Yeah im out as well. Cabelas has them for 150 pretty regularly. Mainly wanted tobbe there for the crate opening to pick my own rifle.

Just Geri

Well-Known
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Maybe we can help??? Check the Classified I just listed in Commercial? If anyone is interested? Thanks, Geri

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Athens? Ugh! That's going to be a little tougher. Let me know when you're headed up and I'll see if I can make it.

BTW - Thanks bcannon

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    You're welcome everybody! If it would be better for everybody Cope's may be better locality wise. Saying that I'm still more than willing to help anyway I can.

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Thank thank you guys for all the effort you have put into to this.but I will have to tap out. Its a bit to far for me to travel.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Group ride? To Austin, it was a no-brainer, to Athens is a 488 mile round trip ride for me that's making me itchy. I don't mind driving, but close to $80 in gas would make me bow out. Split it with a few guys (Mike, Rick,Southpaw etc.) and I'm still in.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Group ride? To Austin, it was a no-brainer, to Athens is a 488 mile round trip ride for me that's making me itchy. I don't mind driving, but close to $80 in gas would make me bow out. Split it with a few guys (Mike, Rick,Southpaw etc.) and I'm still in.

If you guys want to do that I am into it. Just the four of us though won't be enough for me to be able to afford the crate though, so we'll have to see if anyone else is interested.

View attachment 24757

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Athens.. Dang. I won't have the time to make that kind of trip. Austin would have been a breeze but I'm even 2 hours from there..

Take me off the list :(

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    So it seems like distance has killed this project. Thanks everyone for trying so hard to help out. Maybe if I ever see the crates for cheaper I'll bring the subject back to life.

Top Bottom