• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Mine finally shipped from Classic. Should be here next week. I'll post pics when they arrive and see if I can see a difference in the hand-select at all.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Note - if you have an 01/03 FFL, bring a signed copy (and perhaps your original) - they do require FFL transfer to receive firearms for this auction, apparently the seller or owner of the collection is somehow requiring this (it has NOT been a requirement in past auctions of other sellers).

Just a friendly suggestion, but I would NOT recommend bringing your original 03 (C&R) FFL paperwork as that should remain unsigned and stored in a safe location during it's duration.

There is no legal requirement to produce it, just a copy that can be signed and given to the seller of the C&R firearm if they so wish.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    So my two Mosin's came today. Well packed, well wrapped, with all the accessories, bayonets, even oil/lubricant and translated manuals. I'll post pictures of the rifles later, but my first problem is one was damaged in shipping. Of course it was the one I paid for hand-select on and the difference in stock is significant. This Mosin is gorgeous... except for this:

front sight contrast.jpg

Yep, the damage during shipping appears to have knocked the front sight out significantly (and damaged the piece it connects to on the barrel). The damage to the shipping box (outer and inner box) appears to correspond.

I've contacted Classic via email and will call them tomorrow. I'm heartbroken, though, because otherwise this is an absolutely gorgeous rifle.

For what it's worth, all numbers match (and are different from the import mark/serial number which is appropriately low key).

I'll let you know what the resolution is and post pics of both rifles once I can put them all together tomorrow.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    That's an easy fix; don't send it back. Tell'em to give you credit

Never dealt with them before (expecting good things) - any advice appreciated.

Is it an easy fix? I figured it had potential to go either way depending on damage to the sight block. Thoughts? Again, I'd appreciate the advice. Is it as simple as hammering it back the other way or sliding the sight out and back, etc.?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Off-topic, strictly, but I emailed sales@classic (from my order confirmation) with a question about their damage/RMA process and they responded at 9:30 PM CST on a Tuesday night (asked for photos and about the shipping damage). VERY impressed with their response time.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Off-topic, strictly, but I emailed sales@classic (from my order confirmation) with a question about their damage/RMA process and they responded at 9:30 PM CST on a Tuesday night (asked for photos and about the shipping damage). VERY impressed with their response time.

Update. Not only did they replace it - they replaced it with a Tula Hex Receiver variant with a very similar quality stock to the one I returned. VERY happy with Classic's service and will definitely shop with them again. And... now I own my first two Mosin's! Will post pics soon.

Top Bottom