Venture Surplus ad

Crazifornia?? Stupid is at it again......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    According to the L.A. times, small town Bell, CA was paying some officials that worked there UN-GODLY salaries!! Chief Administrative Officer Robert Rizzo made $787,637 a year, getting a series of raises since being hired in 1993 at $72,000. President Obama makes $400,000. • Assistant City Manager Angela Spaccia made $376,288 a year.
    • Police Chief Randy Adams earned $457,000. Hired just last year to oversee a force of fewer than 50 people, he was making 50 percent more than Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck's $307,000. WTF???? a tad bit overpaid dont ya think. and people wonder why CA is broke??? not to mention the story said these 3 employees have agreed to resign and will soon start to collect their ANNUAL pensions which are approx ONLY 100,000$ less than the salaries they are giving up!! again WTF??????????:banghead: i guess i should have paid more attention in my Gvnmnt Civics class back in the day!!!!!!!! one more reason i left Stupidfornia!!! God I love TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Target Sports

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    no fear of any cops in Texas making that kind of $$$. Citizens of Bell should pay more attention. those salaries are not a secret, they are all public record...these people just dont pay attention.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    It's been a while, like 25 years, since I ventured over to visit relatives in Kollifornia. But it was a trip to last a lifetime for me.

Naturally we saw all the usual sites, Disneyland, Universal, Dodger Stadium, the beach. When we would stop to eat at the local eateries, when ordering we would get some weird looks. Finally the last day there a waitress came out with it.

She said "you guys are from Texas, ain't you"? We said "yes, how did you know?" She said "the funny way you talk." From then on, I tried to limit my talking.

But conversing with some friends and co-workers of my relative, they kept saying "why do you want to go back to Texas?" It's like the plague was back there. In other words, we live in a hell-hole here and they live in paradise. We are peasants and they are royalty. We are scum, they are ...... well you get the picture.

It's how they think and feel and nothing is ever going to change it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's been a while, like 25 years, since I ventured over to visit relatives in Kollifornia. But it was a trip to last a lifetime for me.

Naturally we saw all the usual sites, Disneyland, Universal, Dodger Stadium, the beach. When we would stop to eat at the local eateries, when ordering we would get some weird looks. Finally the last day there a waitress came out with it.

She said "you guys are from Texas, ain't you"? We said "yes, how did you know?" She said "the funny way you talk." From then on, I tried to limit my talking.

But conversing with some friends and co-workers of my relative, they kept saying "why do you want to go back to Texas?" It's like the plague was back there. In other words, we live in a hell-hole here and they live in paradise. We are peasants and they are royalty. We are scum, they are ...... well you get the picture.

It's how they think and feel and nothing is ever going to change it.

Haha, there were two types of people when I announced that I was moving to Texas. The majority (and most of them my wife's friends) would say "Texas!?" as though you'd told them you were moving to Mars or something. And then there was my smallish group of friends who would say "Texas!" and envy my move.

Not everybody is crazy out there. Just most of them.

high taxes, high unemployment, high crime, high real estate prices, high smog......very liberal politics.
    WTF does anyone want to live there for?

You forgot the government trying to run every aspect of your life. There was a very serious proposal for new regulation, not even legislation, that would have required all households to eventually get a remote-controlled thermostat installed. Guess who would have been holding the remote for them? That's right, the state. I really flipped out on that one.

The most common reason I get for "why live in CA" is "the weather is awesome!" Ain't no weather that good, and I lived in the San Francisco area the whole time I was in CA - all winter long you've got fog, overcast and drizzle, and fog and overcast are pretty common the rest of the year. I found it a very dreary and depressing city. I had a better time with Michigan winters. They're colder on the thermometer by a long way, but they're not so goddamn damp. That cold damp just seeps into your bones.

I've seen -20 degree weather, but I've never experienced a winter that I was so miserably cold as those I experienced in California.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom