• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    To some, ok maybe most, this core workout is going to sound insane. In part it actually is. I will testify though that it is pretty cool at how fast this works.

Step 1: The plank. Weight on the forearms, Balls of the feet and back straight as a board. If you want to intensify it even further (you won't though) suck in your stomach like one of those crazy convulsionists. I usually do this on rest sets when I transfer from forearms to a downward dog pose on my knuckles instead of in the forearm plank.

Step 2: To take the workout from just a core workout to a deluxe core workout, have someone you trust lightly kick you while in the forearm plank position. Kick your abs, kick your shoulders, kick your feet, kick your legs. The kicking forces your body to constrict more than normal in the plank and works your shoulders, core and quads and is an awesome workout.

*Like I said though... Only do this workout with someone you trust. Don't need someone using steel-toe boots to "help" you out.
    Guns International

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    The plank is a great core exercise, so is the bicycle. Not riding a bicycle, but the exercise where you are laying on your back and doing an oblique crunching motion while rotating your legs.

That one is probably the #1 best abdominal exercise.

russ4560

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My three favorites are the plank, bicycle and leg lifts. These exercises rate very high on muscle recruitment for the abdominals.

legomaheggroll

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Look up the Dragon Flag. You probably recognize it from Rocky IV. Three sets of 10 and my abs should be shot. Another good thing to have is the ab wheel. Except instead of doing the exercise on your knees try standing on your feet rolling the wheel out to where you're fully extended and bring it back in. Those both hurt me pretty good haha.

tequila45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    aurora, il
    Step 1: The plank. Weight on the forearms, Balls of the feet and back straight as a board. If you want to intensify it even further (you won't though) suck in your stomach like one of those crazy convulsionists. I usually do this on rest sets when I transfer from forearms to a downward dog pose on my knuckles instead of in the forearm plank.

advanced plank: in the plank position, bring your right leg out and try to touch your elbow with your knee then do the left leg. thats one rep
    or the side plank: get on your side with your elbow on the ground then lift your hips off the ground. your elbow and feet will be the only points of contact with the ground. hold for a count of 10-20 or 30 sec, three sets each side

Top Bottom