• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Castandblast27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2021
    Richardson, Texas
    Been on the hunt for a new hog/ deer rifle, been told that the creedmoor is that way to go. I’ve heard a lot of guys talk up about the PRC and I’ve been told it’s all around a better bullet. Do any of y’all have thoughts or opinions on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm assuming you mean 6.5PRC?

The 6.5CM is plenty for hog/deer. 6.5PRC is the same bullet. Just more velocity/ftlbs. Of course, it's dependent on what distance you plan on shooting at. I'm not a big advocate of LR animal hunting.

If you want something super fast and hard hitting- 6.5PRC

Want something adequate, cheaper and just as accurate- 6.5CM

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Gotcha. I was looking at some ammo prices and some websites have them going for the same prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are either available?

6.5CM ammo is spotty to find at best. 6.5 PRC is even worse from what I hear.

Honestly the 6.5CM is more than plenty for hunting at normal hunting distances.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I'm assuming you mean 6.5PRC?

The 6.5CM is plenty for hog/deer. 6.5PRC is the same bullet. Just more velocity/ftlbs. Of course, it's dependent on what distance you plan on shooting at. I'm not a big advocate of LR animal hunting.

If you want something super fast and hard hitting- 6.5PRC

Want something adequate, cheaper and just as accurate- 6.5CM
    Yea but if you buy a 6.5cm you have to buy a pair of rollerblades and assless chaps :laughing: jk btw for all you 6.5cm cultists.

But seriously between these two, 6.5cm is the way to go. 6.5 PRC isn't as common and I bet youd have a harder time finding ammo for it.

I havent seen too much 6.5cm on the shelves since the corona happened though. If you want to come back to God's light, there is always .308...

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea but if you buy a 6.5cm you have to buy a pair of rollerblades and assless chaps :laughing: jk btw for all you 6.5cm cultists.
    Pauly Shore Bananna Lady GIF - PaulyShore BanannaLady No GIFs

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Pigs aren't hard to kill so no magnum is necessary unless you really want one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Pigs aren't hard to kill so no magnum is necessary unless you really want one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    True! I've killed plenty with 22mag and 5.56. The "hog hammer" ammo is so laughable marketing. Inside 500 yards 5.56 works just fine. My favorite rifle is a 264wm, so I'm a 26cal fan for sure. Are you looking at AR or BA guns for choice?

Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    The "hog hammer" ammo is so laughable marketing.

I like the Hog Hammer ammo and I've killed many pigs with it. It has a low flash powder that I like in low light conditions with both thermal and IR optics. The projectile is designed to bust through thicker skin and bones. I shot one with a .308 where the bullet busted through the shoulder blade and the backbone, rear quartering shot angle. That would not have been possible with a traditional deer cartridge.

Top Bottom