• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    The unstated principle that the phrase, “Any day is a good time to die.” relates to is the state of mind (attitude) that a man should philosophically approach the obstacles and dangers that he may confront during the course of his life. It suggests that a man should fearlessly do what has to be done (the right thing) without shirking or backing down even in the face of death. The characteristic appears to be declining among the men in these modern times.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns International

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The unstated principle that the phrase, “Any day is a good time to die.” relates to is the state of mind (attitude) that a man should philosophically approach the obstacles and dangers that he may confront during the course of his life. It suggests that a man should fearlessly do what has to be done (the right thing) without shirking or backing down even in the face of death. The characteristic appears to be declining among the men in these modern times.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which has nothing to do with traffic deaths.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Which has nothing to do with traffic deaths.
    Well to be fair, the OP really didn't make the subject an MVA at least that is the way I took it and I just rode yesterday.

To continue on the unexpectedness of death, my MIL just called and stated my wife's uncle was found dead and he was a young guy. Then my sister called and stated our niece was grazed in a NYE shooting in San Marcos so yeah it ain't really about the method of a physical death as much as the urgency of it of course I could say we are eternal but then the train really goes on another track and supposedly that is a no no here, Buddha forbid.....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Well to be fair, the OP really didn't make the subject an MVA at least that is the way I took it and I just rode yesterday.

To continue on the unexpectedness of death, my MIL just called and stated my wife's uncle was found dead and he was a young guy. Then my sister called and stated our niece was grazed in a NYE shooting in San Marcos so yeah it ain't really about the method of a physical death as much as the urgency of it of course I could say we are eternal but then the train really goes on another track and supposedly that is a no no here, Buddha forbid.....

And the post I responded to had nothing to do with "MVA".
    Thus, my response.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    And the post I responded to had nothing to do with "MVA".
    Thus, my response.

Yep I am aware of that. My reply was in respone to yours #22. The implication seems to be that he can't post what he did because the OP posted about a cycle accident. Hence my respone. I'll repeat myself again. My interpretation of what the subject of this thread is - the sudden unexpectedness of death NOT a MVA. I liked post 21 myself. Seeing that I ride, I can understand going for a ride on a nice day and coming upon another cyclist wreck out. 2 come to mind off hand.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Creepier story: Husband of a girl at work bought a new bike. His best friend tried to talk him out of it and told him he had a nightmare about him being killed in a crash. The friend came over to the guy's house to visit, made a fuss over the bike, and asked if he could try the bike. The owner said OK, but don't go far. The friend left, but took off instead of coming right back. When he didn't return, they went looking for him and the friend had crashed, totalling the bike, and was dead. Some folks believe he did that on purpose to keep his friend from being killed.

Had a neighbor that was a physical therapist. He noted that EMTs referred to those machines as "donor-cycles". Apparently, they are a big source of human organs.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Technology hasn't made the roads safer. I doubt I'll ever ride another road bike. Cell phones and peoples driving habits make it too risky.
    Me either though I think about riding again often. My wife allows me to do a lot of things and she puts up with a LOT from me but I think buying a bike would be where she puts her foot down. We have four young kids, I see her point. Now, maybe after I retire a LONG time from now...

One reason I got into Jeeps years ago was that it’s the closest sensation to a motorcycle without being on 2 wheels. (Open air feeling, not the speed.) I currently own two Wranglers to feed the need.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Me either though I think about riding again often. My wife allows me to do a lot of things and she puts up with a LOT from me but I think buying a bike would be where she puts her foot down. We have four young kids, I see her point. Now, maybe after I retire a LONG time from now...

One reason I got into Jeeps years ago was that it’s the closest sensation to a motorcycle without being on 2 wheels. (Open air feeling, not the speed.) I currently own two Wranglers to feed the need.

Same reason I bought my car, but for the speed, not open air.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've spent my whole life on 2 wheels. I still ride dirt bikes. But, my pleasure for street biking is not more important than raising my children.

I will say- there's not many things that compare to cruising down a back road on a sunny 80deg day on a motorcycle. It's something that everyone should experience.

Last edited:

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is all about perspective. From the way you see it, no time is ever a good time to die. My perspective is to have your affairs in order and live like today might be your last. I don't always do that but something we can all strive for. My preference is to go quick and unexpected.

Agreed...

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

A 4 door jeep is on my to-do list.

Top Bottom