• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I like it. We should execute death row prisoners in a way that strikes fear in them and may act as a deterrant for some of these plungerheads. We put these assholes to death utilizing the most kind, easy and wonderful way to die. At least when I was a kid we had the gas chamber, old sparky (electric chair), hanging and firing squad. That shit is scary! I wish I could die as peacefully as our murderers. Stand their happy ass in front of a cannon and blow their guts out. I'll bring the popcorn.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I know this is morbid and possibly immoral but if a death penalty must happen, shouldn't it benefit society?

I'd like to see an execution method that leaves transplantable organs. Obviously if there are pre-existing conditions, some folks are not candidates for donation. But for those who can donate, it should be mandatory.

I know there's a huge downside to that idea. We've seen it in China with poor people being convicted of bogus charges so their organs can be sold for profit.

But where's the legal problem in our system? I know this idea has been around forever so I'm wondering why it never gained much traction in the civilized world.

Maybe I just need a medical ethicist to spend 5 minutes slapping me around.

Last edited:

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I know this is morbid and possibly immoral but if a death penalty must happen, shouldn't it benefit society?

I'd like to see an execution method that leaves transplantable organs. Obviously if there are pre-existing conditions, some folks are not candidates for donation. But for those who can donate, it should be mandatory.

I know there's a huge downside to that idea. We've seen it in China with poor people being convicted of bogus charges so their organs can be sold for profit.

But where's the legal problem in our system? I know this idea has been around forever so I'm wondering why it never gained much traction in the civilized world.

Maybe I just need a medical ethicist to spend 5.minutes slapping me around.

I guess the easy button for that case would still be use of the firing squad.

Just move the little bullseye from over the heart to right between the eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    First, this is not the worst possible punishment. It would be pretty quick (but messy). Picture being staked out on a fire ant mound. Far, far worse.

The very worst - IMHO - would be to get locked in a cell with my ex-wife. Bin Laden didn't deserve that level of torture.

The thing about capital punishment is that we've made it FAR too sterile. It has no deterrent effect because it's closed and quiet, hidden behind the prison walls. When it had a serious impact was when it was very public - like a public hanging. It has been reported that tough guy Wyatt Earp threw up when he saw his first hanging. That has a lasting impact on people.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    First, this is not the worst possible punishment. It would be pretty quick (but messy). Picture being staked out on a fire ant mound. Far, far worse.

The very worst - IMHO - would be to get locked in a cell with my ex-wife. Bin Laden didn't deserve that level of torture.

The thing about capital punishment is that we've made it FAR too sterile. It has no deterrent effect because it's closed and quiet, hidden behind the prison walls. When it had a serious impact was when it was very public - like a public hanging. It has been reported that tough guy Wyatt Earp threw up when he saw his first hanging. That has a lasting impact on people.

Not only is it far to sterile it takes so long it's no longer connected to the crime.

In many cases where there are multiple witnesses and evidence that can't be challenged it shouldn't take more than 6 months from crime to termination.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

Great points.

Definitely need to reduce costs. If someone is getting killed for their crime then they should be lucky it’s over fast. Should be lucky they get that. I’m in favor of a last meal though.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Last meal requests in Texas went away after some guy requested a ridiculous quantity of expensive stuff. Then he didn't touch it. That's the basics I remember.

Let me do some research and I'll post again.

ETA: From Wikipedia -

In Texas, the tradition of customized last meals is thought to have been established around 1924,[4] but in September 2011, the state of Texas abolished all special meal requests after condemned prisoner Lawrence Russell Brewer requested a large and expensive last meal, but did not eat any of it, stating that he was not hungry.[5][6][3][7] Since then, the prisoner's last meal is whatever is being served in the Huntsville Unit cafeteria on the day of execution.[8]

His last meal request was:
    1. Two chicken fried steaks[a] smothered in gravy with sliced onions,
    2. a triple meat bacon cheeseburger with fixings on the side,
    3. a cheese omelet with ground beef, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and jalapeños,
    4. a large bowl of fried okra with ketchup,
    5. one pound of barbecue with half a loaf of white bread,
    6. three fajitas with fixings,
    7. a Meat Lovers pizza,
    8. three root beers,
    9. one pint of Blue Bell vanilla ice cream, and
    10. a slab of peanut butter fudge with crushed peanuts.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom