• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    This is almost a month old, but apparently these guys were involved in other jewelry store robberies also. Just goes to prove that shopping malls with 30.06 signs posted outside or security guards armed with walkie-talkies will not stop these bastards. Luckily no one was hurt, but I can assure you these guys were armed, and most likely would have used deadly force if someone would have tried to stop them.
    In these tough economic times criminals are desperate enough to commit crimes in broad day light. Heck, we've all heard about these jerks driving up in a pickup truck grabbing ATM machines.

Follow the link, read the story and watch the video caught on tape

http://www.frisco-online.com/article.cfm?id=4028

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    This had nothing to do with "economic times".

How do you figure that?? Have you not noticed crime rate going up during this recession? (or maybe you're one of those that believe in W's "slow down" crap)

Nah, I don't think it has anything to do with lacks of jobs, gas prices, food prices, home foreclosures, bankruptcy, people forced to cut back in every way just to get by. Perhaps once we catch these bastards we might ask them "why" they did it. Until then, this is just an example of how criminal activity has escalated in the present time.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I think this had to do with "I need some more crack".amazing what drug addicts will do.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    yep, either crack or whatever reason. Malls that prohibit CHL holding citizens to enter endangers innocent people IMO and it's not enough to have a security guard without a weapon. This could have turned out where people got hurt or killed, luckily it didn't.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    How do you figure that?? Have you not noticed crime rate going up during this recession? (or maybe you're one of those that believe in W's "slow down" crap)

Nah, I don't think it has anything to do with lacks of jobs, gas prices, food prices, home foreclosures, bankruptcy, people forced to cut back in every way just to get by. Perhaps once we catch these bastards we might ask them "why" they did it. Until then, this is just an example of how criminal activity has escalated in the present time.

Recession? Not from my POV.

And criminals are criminals regardless of the economy, OR the left wing media's representation of it to you.

Lack of jobs? I know unemployment is what, 6.1%, but have you perused the job listings in your local paper, Monster dot com, Craigs List, IHIRE dot com, Career Builder, etc, not to mention the government jobs?

Food IS up, probably related to the jump in the price of gasoline, which we all know has come down.

Bankruptcy? Generally that is the fault of the person, not the economy. there are people who get into trouble through little or no fault of their own, but not generally.

My wife is a general sales manager for a major men's skin care line that is international and in all of the major department stores from Niemans and down. Their sales are UPin the US, they are introducing new lines, and they are hiring new people.

I am in the service field. Texas CHL applications are up over 40%. That means MORE people spending money for classes and licensing fees. Private Investigations are up for those I know. I did some fill in work this summer on a bodyguard job for a surgeon who does lapband surgeries. He just bought a $5,000,000+ house and is doing more surgeries than ever.

My father's company provides event security at major venues around the DFW area, and shows are selling out.

According to the AIADA, while auto sales are down compared to last year, they are now increasing, with August showing 10% higher than July. Some manufacturers are seeing increases over last year, such as Nissan, who saw a 14.2% increase over last years sales. Total light duty truck sales in August reached 620,846. That’s still down 22 percent from August ’07, but it’s up 20.3 percent from July ’08.

Thats a lotta of trucks for such high gas prices.

As far as crime rates, I cannot find any to date 2008 rates. I don't notice an increase in the reported crime, but admittedly I am not tracking it nor am I compiling numbers.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    In these tough economic times criminals are desperate enough to commit crimes in broad day light. Heck, we've all heard about these jerks driving up in a pickup truck grabbing ATM machines.

Who is buying this mass media garbage about "tough economic times"?

CRIMINALS ARE IDIOTS that are not driven to do their crimes because of economic times. They are brainless jerks that CHOOSE to do crime rather than work for a living like the rest of us... and they deserve extermination.

The talk of doom and gloom is just another phony bit of misinformation from the left in order to get their party some election time traction. It happens every time the presidential elections come around. The Democrats are masters of misinformation.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    I'm sure that they are those that have reaped huge benefits over the high oil prices. There is no doubt to these individuals the economy is just fine, or in 'bit of a slump' never the less they are not affected by it. Therefore there are no issues raking up sales at Neiman Marcus for men's skin care products and other lavished overpriced accessories. But for the rest of us Americans that wash our hands with Zest for a buck 89 at Walmart and the only skin care we require is the kisses and hugs of our loved ones, don't quite see it your way. Yea, I'm sure us non middle class people (according to some: "Those that earn less than 5 Million a year") have heard of want-ads, Monster.com, Carrerbuilder.com and OMG even the craigslist, yet we're not quite the 'quality' that Neiman Marcus would be interested in for their new product lines. Awww shucks!

I'm sure Texas CHL applications are up over 40%... the question should be WHY? I will doubt very seriously that is because we're all basking in economic bliss, where we felt compelled to buy a new handgun.
    Perhaps could it be because for most of us that bust our ass day in and day out for a paycheck, those that commute, car pool, ride buses, trams, bikes and scooters just to save up some money can't quite afford the bullet proof car or the body guard, nope... we just want to get home without getting mugged, raped, killed on our way. Once there, since most of us don't quite live in 5+ room homes or mansions equiped with private panic rooms... we tend to want to defend ourselves and our family/loved ones from what we didn't encounter on our way home and the increased criminal activity.
    So yes, I'll bet most of those CHL were purchased from the working class (and by working I mean sweat rolling, callused handed, HARD working Americans) to protect ourselves.
    Nah, there there is no increased criminal activity.... certainly not since Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom and Gucci are now hiring since sales have gone through the roof!

Oh yes, you forgot to mention home foreclosures, yea those filthy peasants don't deserve a home if you can't pay for it. That's why there are shelters to go to. Yes, I'm sure the housing market will come back up, but the biggest profits will be made by... hmmmm lemme think... Oh yes, those that have purchased the foreclosed homes and land at bargain prices, that certainly can afford to pay multiple mortgages, hey why not? (Some can't even keep track of how many houses they own) resell them for big profits when things stabilize.

Yep, everything is just hunky dory!

The ONLY thing I can agree with you is: "Criminals are criminals regardless of the economy" BUT there is certainly alot more criminal ACTIVITY when the economy is poor.

FYI off topic: Believe it or not... NOT all NRA members are Republican!

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Who is buying this mass media garbage about "tough economic times"?

CRIMINALS ARE IDIOTS that are not driven to do their crimes because of economic times. They are brainless jerks that CHOOSE to do crime rather than work for a living like the rest of us... and they deserve extermination.

The talk of doom and gloom is just another phony bit of misinformation from the left in order to get their party some election time traction. It happens every time the presidential elections come around. The Democrats are masters of misinformation.

Yea, Damn Dems... they are the ones controlling the stock market, home foreclosure, unemployment numbers etc etc... All the home invasions, increased robberies, ATM thieves etc etc. are just actors paid by the Obama campaign to up votes in their favor.OMG!!! We burried people ALIVE! They really were'nt dead... they were just pretending.

Hey, maybe its Obama's homies in the video pretending to rob the jewelry store.... (you know, kinda thinking about it... I believe one of those guys was wearing an Obama/Biden baseball cap!!!) you know how it is... "Democrats are masters of msinformation."

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Little paranoia and IV by the media.

The DFW has the hottest job market in the country right now. Housing has slowed, but not enough to keep people from selling and buying pretty quick. Mortgages may be a little tougher for those that are on the edge, but homes are there to buy.

The economy in general is very good in Texas as more and more jobs are being created as well as supporting industry just from the natural gas boom. And Nat Gas prices have plummeted recently.

But there are always those that think people doing better owe them something so we'll always have these criminals. But I think are pretty dang smart in planning and carrying out a lot of these crimes. Where there's prosperity there's someone wanting a piece for free.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There has been such a fight recently over whether there is a recession or not, as if there is only a yes or no answer. I think what some people should realize is, while the entire economy as a whole may not be doing poorly per se, sections of the economy certainly aren't doing all that great.

Case and point, almost everyone I know in the real estate industry, mortgage brokers, realtors, appraisers, etc, about 98% of those people (these are ones I personally know, and I'm talking well over 30 people around the state here) have all had to quit their jobs and move to other lines of work. That whole industry is in the sh*tter, and I don't think anyone can argue that. Many associated areas of it (lending in general, construction to some degree or at least certain types of construction) are feeling the effects to. Lending in general (not just real estate) really doesn't seem to be doing too well either. So after having to get out of that industry, I moved back to the tech industry. Now I'm finding that my current company is shipping more local jobs overseas and bringing in outsiders to cut overhead locally (I'm getting flashbacks of Office Space). Yep, the industry is doing just fine and dandy, and anyone that says otherwise is just talking nonsense. :rolleyes:

I think there also needs to be some differentiation from corporations and individuals. What is great for a corporation, and what may make the economy appear to be doing great, doesn't necessarily tell you how the common man is doing.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    ... and to think, I created this post with sole intention to show how ignorant people are that post 30.06 or 51% signs are when their false sense of security crumbles down, as in this case.
    Fortunately the thugs just took jewelry and got away, in a crowded mall and nobody got hurt. But I can assure you they were armed, willing to get away from anything and anyone that got in their way or confronted them in the attempt to stop the escape. Without having armed citizens or security guards, these facilities become prime pickings for criminals, simply because these signs translate into: "Come on in... we're disarmed"

Regardless how creative the news article was including the video footage... the intended message got trampling over because of the words: "In these tough economic times.." which really had little to do other than the increased activity, but we can all agree with "Criminals are criminals regardless of the economy".

We all know this is an election year, and everyone has his/her beliefs, opinions, hopes for our future. Lets try to remain focused on "gun talk" even though sometimes, like this case, can be easily thrown off on a total different tangent. I'll do my best as well.

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    What is great for a corporation, and what may make the economy appear to be doing great, doesn't necessarily tell you how the common man is doing.

Yes sir,

Only about 1-5% of the country can aford to even shop at Neiman's. There is a large amount of people who are still working for minium wage...which has been stuck around 5.15 an hour for 10yrs. The common man went from paying 25.00 to fill up his car to around 45.00 bucks. I'm pretty sure the economy is still effecting him.

As for the economy doing great as a whole, it's a sham. The Feds are proping up the USD to make the economy look good for the up coming elections. This makes the commodities look bad which is a good indicator of the economy. In the last 4 months they have closed 11 banks. The F&F bailout only makes things worse.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Yes sir,

Only about 1-5% of the country can aford to even shop at Neiman's. There is a large amount of people who are still working for minium wage...which has been stuck around 5.15 an hour for 10yrs. The common man went from paying 25.00 to fill up his car to around 45.00 bucks. I'm pretty sure the economy is still effecting him.

As for the economy doing great as a whole, it's a sham. The Feds are proping up the USD to make the economy look good for the up coming elections. This makes the commodities look bad which is a good indicator of the economy. In the last 4 months they have closed 11 banks. The F&F bailout only makes things worse.

My point exactly! Thank you.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    HOLY CRAP! How do you people find the courage to go on each day with the end of the world so near???? I am amazed by your courage.

"THE SKY IS FALLING"

Sheeeeeeeesh.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    My only comment is that if you're one of the people who is still working for minimum wage after 10 years, that's not Bush's fault or Clinton's fault or whatever. Barring any kind of extenuating circumstances, the fault is your own.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    The economy is not in a recession. It takes two quarters of negative GDP to be a recession. Last quarter was a growth of over 3% and the quarter before that was up too. The gas prices are inflating everything but wages. That has happened many times in the past. Wages will catch up or prices will fall sometime after gas does.

The mortgage crisis was caused by sub prime lending...people buying houses they could not afford without getting it on a ARM. Their wages did not go up enough to meet the new payments after the ARM expired. That is the fault of the buyer mostly and the lender for proposing that sort of mortgage.

And for the record, I have been unemployed twice this year. Once for 12 hours when my previous company went under (their fault--they expanded to fast) and last Tuesday I was laid off but back at work on Thursday with another company. Oh yeah, both times I got a raise. There are jobs out there. I didn't even go looking, they came to me.

As far as daylight robberies go, my guess is that that is the best time to rob a mall...they are open and accessable. Criminals will rob regardless of the economy. They need to be removed from the gene pool.

I have no problem with people making minimum wage...they know what they are worth.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm sure that they are those that have reaped huge benefits over the high oil prices. There is no doubt to these individuals the economy is just fine, or in 'bit of a slump' never the less they are not affected by it. Therefore there are no issues raking up sales at Neiman Marcus for men's skin care products and other lavished overpriced accessories. But for the rest of us Americans that wash our hands with Zest for a buck 89 at Walmart and the only skin care we require is the kisses and hugs of our loved ones, don't quite see it your way.

Just about anyone that had a 401K has benefited to some degree over the increase in commodities and energy. GM and Ford are still in business, and still giving paychecks to their employees, because of their heavy investment in energy.

The oil companies themselves, including refineries and other lesser-known companies, are feeling a large pinch. They were much happier back in the mid 90s when gas was $1.00 / gallon and they turned 5 times the profit margin. Now that gas is $3.70 / gallon people are blaming them for turning a profit. Well if the oil industry doesn't turn a profit then it has no method of ever increasing it's supply beyond dumb luck at it's existing pumps. These companies need profit in order to re-invest it into exploration, efficiency, and new wells.

I'm sure Texas CHL applications are up over 40%... the question should be WHY? I will doubt very seriously that is because we're all basking in economic bliss, where we felt compelled to buy a new handgun.

It's due to increasing awareness (many people do not know about the Texas CHL program), and the instability of the upcoming election. There are a good amount of people that take the CHL class as training.

Perhaps could it be because for most of us that bust our ass day in and day out for a paycheck, those that commute, car pool, ride buses, trams, bikes and scooters just to save up some money can't quite afford the bullet proof car or the body guard, nope... we just want to get home without getting mugged, raped, killed on our way. Once there, since most of us don't quite live in 5+ room homes or mansions equiped with private panic rooms... we tend to want to defend ourselves and our family/loved ones from what we didn't encounter on our way home and the increased criminal activity.

What sensationalist horse-shit.

I have a CHL and a handgun because I can only trust myself to always be there in the event something goes south.

So yes, I'll bet most of those CHL were purchased from the working class (and by working I mean sweat rolling, callused handed, HARD working Americans) to protect ourselves.

Nah, there there is no increased criminal activity.... certainly not since Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom and Gucci are now hiring since sales have gone through the roof!

Don't forget George Bush's hurricane generator.

Oh yes, you forgot to mention home foreclosures, yea those filthy peasants don't deserve a home if you can't pay for it. That's why there are shelters to go to. Yes, I'm sure the housing market will come back up, but the biggest profits will be made by... hmmmm lemme think... Oh yes, those that have purchased the foreclosed homes and land at bargain prices, that certainly can afford to pay multiple mortgages, hey why not? (Some can't even keep track of how many houses they own) resell them for big profits when things stabilize.

Um, the large majority of people that are defaulting are defaulting because they borrowed too much, and bought outside of their means. The lending companies pushed it as well, but no one puts a gun to your head to sign.

The entire mortgage mess was due to greed, on both ends of the table.

People in the US have every opportunity to improve themselves and increase their value in the job market. Too many people are simply complacent in making excuses and complaining about their pay than actually working to improve it. If you are an unskilled Mexican immigrant at McDonalds making $5.15 / hr. then start learning English. In a years time you will be a bilingual worker that can make $8 / hr. somewhere else.

Excuses and coddling are worthless and always will be.

Top Bottom