• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Did a lot of 250 .38 Spc last reloading run through, and I could feel them hanging up in the cylinder walls of my M85 Taurus and my Gp100, IIRC factory revolver rounds use a roller crimp. Anything I can do to fix this issue? Using lee carbide die sets.
    Hurley's Gold

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Are you crimping enough to remove all of the flare off of the case? .38s don't need much crimp, but you have to be sure to remove the flare.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Are you crimping enough to remove all of the flare off of the case? .38s don't need much crimp, but you have to be sure to remove the flare.

I'll run some test on em Dawico, that very well could be it. Appreciate it bud, i'll repost later on and see if that was it.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Here is a couple pics, too much flare may be the issue going to play around with the setting once I clean my reloading table off.

bullet 1.jpg bullet 2.jpg
    pencil.png

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    What recipe are you using and what is your final OAL? Bullet looks to be not seated to the proper depth also. A little more crimp and that should solve your chambering issue as Dawico stated. My fav load for the 38 is a 110gn Speer #4007 over some Titegroup. They have a cannelure for the roll crimp. It doesn't appear that the bullets you're using have a cannelure on them. Are they a 9mm or 380 designed bullet?

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    What recipe are you using and what is your final OAL? Bullet looks to be not seated to the proper depth also. A little more crimp and that should solve your chambering issue as Dawico stated. My fav load for the 38 is a 110gn Speer #4007 over some Titegroup. They have a cannelure for the roll crimp. It doesn't appear that the bullets you're using have a cannelure on them. Are they a 9mm or 380 designed bullet?
    Berry's 125 Gr .38 cal flat point. 5.0 gr unique, OAL is 1.145. Min OAL listed is 1.440, used range brass.

Bearbacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    DFW
    One of my best investments was a Lee Factory Crimp die. It also is a finish sizer and eliminates these kinds of problems.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Well phooey! I got all excited about helping someone and ya bust my bubble!
    Glad you got it going your way :)

Top Bottom