• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    So I'm driving down one of streets in my neighborhood, following behind an SUV that's travelling very slow. I can see the driver is switching from watching the road to looking at something on her right. I can only assume its a tablet or cellphone. I see some small kids biking on the other side of the road heading towards us and I get that instant feeling of dread. I get worried that the clueless SUV driver is going to run them over because she's busy trying to reach level 300 in Candy Crush while she's piloting a 3000 pound weapon.

Well, it wasn't Candy Crush that would cause a near fatal accident but a squirrel that decided to cross the road at the exact moment that the woman looks up from her distraction. She swerves to avoid the vermin and nearly plows into the three children on the side of the road. Two of the kids manage to veer onto the sidewalk while the third falls over the curb just as the woman regains control of her car... and then she keeps going not even having the common courtesy to pull over and apologize to the kids!

I catch up with her at the stop sign, pulled up next to the SUV and told her how ridiculous it was that she nearly killed three kids to save a flea-bitten, fuzzy-tailed rat.

She glowered at me as if it was my fault that her parents raised a stupid child.

Idiots.

Public Service Announcement: Run the f@^!%ing critters over rather than risk killing or injuring someone.

/rant
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Agree with the sentiment, wouldn't confront a driver on the road though.

It will make no difference in her future actions and you never know how such a situation could escalate. Get a dash cam and call the cops or something. Shame on FB, whatever. Lots of better options.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    On my morning drive today, a tree rat ran in front of me. I braked and came to a complete stop. The critter jinxed left and right, then thought better about going right (left by his reckoning) and hit the brush on the closest side of the road.

Wanton killing is just wrong. While on a mobile phone or texting is pure evil.

Be well.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    On my morning drive today, a tree rat ran in front of me. I braked and came to a complete stop. The critter jinxed left and right, then thought better about going right (left by his reckoning) and hit the brush on the closest side of the road.

Wanton killing is just wrong. While on a mobile phone or texting is pure evil.

Be well.

Stopping in the middle of the road for a squirrel is just wrong.

IMHO.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yep, don't even deal with that crap anymore. I just keep on going. Nothing you do will help their stupidity except when they finally cause a problem and go to jail. Call it in and move on. I had a guy in Harker Heights years ago actually get out of his car in that market center they built and come to my window all because I looked at him like he was stupid when he plowed through a stop sign at an intersection. Acted like some heathen gangster. He came close to getting a dose of reality from a .45 since he was about to put his hands on my door and window.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Yep, don't even deal with that crap anymore. I just keep on going. Nothing you do will help their stupidity except when they finally cause a problem and go to jail. Call it in and move on. I had a guy in Harker Heights years ago actually get out of his car in that market center they built and come to my window all because I looked at him like he was stupid when he plowed through a stop sign at an intersection. Acted like some heathen gangster. He came close to getting a dose of reality from a .45 since he was about to put his hands on my door and window.

Hate it when that happens.
    BMW driving smart ass followed me into a parking lot thinking I'd braked checked him when the car in front of me made a sudden stop.

But, social media has it's uses.
    As he rolled down his window, I calmly pulled out the iPhone, pointed it at him, and said politely:
    "Do you really want to be known on FaceBook for having your ass whipped by a 70 year old man"?

As they say, an armed society ...

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Normally I'd let crap like that go but nothing gets me twisted up more than seeing a child get hurt or potentially get hurt by negligent adults... especially ones that try to scurry away after doing something irresponsible. That kind of cowardly bull@&#% drives me nuts. I've seen that SUV around the neighborhood and I know her husband... seen him drive his little girl to the elementary school in our subdivision. Nice guy, didn't know much about her but now I do.

Anyway, don't belong to social media and it might be a character fault to call people out nowadays but I can't help it sometimes. Case in point, there was a time at the gun range...

Nevermind.

That's all, rant's over but at least the squirrel is alive and well.

Top Bottom