• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I don't think it's a good idea, sanitary or appropriate to search like that at roadside in full public view.
    Agreed.

DPS does pretty indepth internal investigations in cases like this. They are obviously privy to info that we dont have (as is typically the case).

We on the forum=very little info available to us.

DPS=100% of the info including statements from witnesses and the person who got searched.

I don't like the manner in which the search was conducted, but as always...since they have info we don't have, I wont second guess those who have proven to make the right decision the vast majority of the time.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hmmm, I would second guess any decision if evidence points to the contrary. Making a right decision the "majority" of the time shows means that mistakes do get made. We are all human and it will happen.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't question something like this or give a free pass.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Hmmm, I would second guess any decision if evidence points to the contrary. Making a right decision the "majority" of the time shows means that mistakes do get made. We are all human and it will happen.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't question something like this or give a free pass.
    Since you have a portion of the evidence and they have ALL of the evidence, they have an advantage.

Has nothing to do with being human, that investigation went through several layers of supervisors. They had all the info available....I suppose they were ALL wrong?

And some guys on a gun forum who got to see some of the video and have no other information available are in a better position to make the call?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I agree, I can't think of one piece of evidence that could make that OK.

That is why I am second guessing those who investigated this. It appears that they DO feel that it was OK, or at least it didn't deserve much punishment.

It may have been a mistake, maybe a serious moment of absent mindedness. I don't believe the officer is a "bad person" but I can't think of a reason she should be reinstated. Not at her current rank anyways.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    DPS does not have guidelines as to how these searches should be conducted?

Serious question.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Since you have a portion of the evidence and they have ALL of the evidence, they have an advantage.

Has nothing to do with being human, that investigation went through several layers of supervisors. They had all the info available....I suppose they were ALL wrong?

And some guys on a gun forum who got to see some of the video and have no other information available are in a better position to make the call?

You need to relax. You're seeing bogeymen where there aren't any.

Cool it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Considering the fact that she searched two cavities/woman and never changed gloves for the entire encounter, I'd say they screwed up reinstating her.
    She also searched the back and then the front. From personal experience I've been told in very clear terms that when I "search the back" I have to wash before I'm allowed to "search the front" again. ;)

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Two comments: CITIZENS: don't do illegal street drugs. Their pungent aroma or side effects are a dead give-away and will draw unwelcome attention from LEO. LAW ENFORCEMENT: Get a Search Warrant. If a judge won't issue one, it isn't worth your career to stick your drumstick-holders up anyone's nasty bung-hole or baby-cave, especially for simple pot possession.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Hell, the snuff tastes better than the leftovers, and the nicotine burns the dirty off your fingers!!!

Gotta get that squared away before you can go back to pickin' your nose....

Top Bottom