Join TexasGunTalk

Crush washers and shims?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by shooterfpga, Sep 28, 2013.

1. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Where can i get crush washers and shims for cheap. I dont think $10 for shipping is exactly a good price for a $1 to $2 part. This is probably the only thing i dont have spares of laying around.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

2. robertc1216

robertc1216 Active Member TGT Supporter

Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    I would find something to add to the order to make shipping worth it.

3. JimmyB

JimmyB Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Tomball, TX
    This. If I order anything from brownells I always try to find all the little spare parts I need to toss in on the order.

4. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Typically i do. But i dont need anything else right now lol.

5. mitchntx

mitchntx Sarcasm Sensei TGT Supporter

Jan 15, 2012
    SW of FW
    Not sure what task you are trying to perform, but McMaster-Carr has always been a great place to find specialty fabrication pieces.

McMaster-Carr

6. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Just tryna clock a new 5/8x24 muzzlebrake but thanks for that site im checkin it out now.

7. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    You probably have a bolt supply warehouse place somewhere nearby... Look them up.

8. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    That was my last resort. But typically they have a larger OD with the correct ID and i dont have a grinder to shave it down lol.

9. Acera

Acera TGT Addict

Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    It's not a far drive from you to a couple of places that stand a good chance of having them.

I would first try Pig Supply in Highlands, they have a bunch of AR small parts.

Second, I would check in with Sportsmans outlet, they might, not a real good chance, but they usually have a few small parts and you might get lucky.

Third, worth a shot to try Houston Gun Shop in the Pinehurst shopping center on 1960. They have a kid that claims to be a gunsmith, he might have one. Plus I think that is the closest to you.

Don't know if High Noon Gun range on 2100 would have it, but it might be worth a look on the way to Pig Supply.

Finally, a short drive to Porter and you can check out Bubba's outdoor sports supply. There is an off chance he will have one. (Would call him first before going over unless you are in the area.)

You may spend the $10 you are trying to save in gas, but you get to look and check out other stuff in the process. There has got to be an entertainment value in that.

10. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Thanks for the suggestions! Pig supply is the closest to me. I pass it often but didnt think they did anything but chl classes. Ill for sure check em out. Little bit of gas is better than not having a part asap even though im fixin to leave town again. So ill have even more gun stores to check now haha. Ill be driving to ca, wa and mn.