Join TexasGunTalk

Crux Suppressors Saxon9 - True Multi-Cal?

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by techjerm, Feb 13, 2018.

1. techjerm

techjerm New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Victoria, TX
    Hey all, first time poster - but many time "searcher". There's lots of knowledge here, so thanks for that.

Does anyone have any experience with Crux Suppressors? I'm specifically looking at the Saxon 9 or the Ark45. I found a website review from a few years ago (when they were called Templar Tactical), where the Saxon was stated to be used for anything from .22lr to 9mm, and all rifle calibers up to .300 Win mag.

Since Crux suppressors are not user-servicable, I wondered and emailed their sales team. I have been told that because of the design, .22lr can be used, but after awhile they recommend a 5.56 mag dump to "clean" it out. Can anyone confirm this? If I can get away with using a single suppressor (and single tax stamp!) for the time being - that is, until I can afford another tax stamp for a dedicated .22 can... I think that would be great. I know dedicated caliber suppressors are better, but I'm thinking economically for the time being.

I just don't want to drop $1k on a suppressor and mounts, only to destroy it with dirty .22lr. Shooting .22lr through a non-serviceable can does not seem right to me.

Does anyone have this can that can comment?

2. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I have a ark 30 and Archangel. A friend has a nemesis, ark30 and Archangel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. techjerm

techjerm New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Victoria, TX
    Can you comment any on using .22lr on these? It just doesn't feel right. I like it being a "local" company, I like the size and weight, but for my first I might go with a Griffin Optimus or Liberty Mystic X since they are rated for everything I have, including .22lr... too many decisions!

4. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Complete BS and I would not buy anything from anyone would made this ridiculous claim.

5. orbitup

orbitup Sticker Cop TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    South of Dallas
    Anybody's can would be good to use with 22 if that were true. 22 isn't just dirty, it leaves lead on the baffles that builds up. You can't just blow lead out of it.

6. techjerm

techjerm New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Victoria, TX
    That’s what I thought - which is why I specifically asked their support. Thanks for the input y’all.

7. SC-Texas

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I have had good luck with my ark and Archangel. That said, I would buy a dedicated Rimfire can. I generally use a dead air mask HD or an AAC element.

There are several really good 22 suppressors on the market. This should get you started.
    Dead Air Mask HD
    Rugged Occulus
    AAC Element II
    Q Erector
    Q El Camino
    liberty regulator

8. SC-Texas

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I am simply not a fan of shooting Rimfire through my Centerfire cans. There is a reason that we have gone to 22 suppressors that can be cleaned

9. SC-Texas

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
  10. Mike_from_Texas

Mike_from_Texas Active Member

Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I love my Crux cans but I don’t shoot rimfire through them. I use dedicated rimfire cans for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro