APOD Firearms

Crux suppressors. They are defunct. Anyone get burned?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a Crux Saxon 9. It works pretty well suppressing 9mm as designed.

I actually bought it because it was marketed as a suppressor good for anything that fits through the hole. I've shot 17HMR, .204 Ruger, 5.56, .308, 270WSM and 338 Lapua through it.

I may be lucky.
    Seems the titanium cylinder, the serial numbered part, has a penchant for splitting at the seam and essentially "blowing up".

The Crux warranty service was simply making a new can with a new tube and putting the same serial number on it.
    That is a big felony no-no to BATFE and they Crux got a federal visit. Several visits in fact.
    They are no more.

Crux? Vanished it seems.

I'm lucky. Mine is intact. Mine is fully functional.

I'll use it ad lib for low intensity rounds. You can bet it'll never again get mounted on a magnum rifle barrel.

Shame, really. It seems well built.

HKS

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    You’d think they’d put the SN on a baseplate or other removable part that they can build replacement parts around, like other MFR’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

I have no picture because mine is fine.

I'm looking for a couple of internet photos I've seen.

The tubes are titanium.
    They are laser engraved with name, serial and other info.
    Apparently titanium is adversely affected by the linear stripe of heat-altered metal when engraved.

They split longitudinally.

The guys where I bought mine showed me one they had split about 1mm wide and 10cm longitudinally.
    They showed me about halfway through my 10.5 month wait on my paperwork.
    It did get my eyebrows raised but they attributed it to the "abuse" of full auto 7.62x51 full auto fire.
    Anyone who possesses a warranty replaced Cruix split tube is likely in possession of a felony contraband suppressor. That's what got them shut down if my sources are correct. They are accused, plausibly, of replacing the split can's tube with the same serial number on a new tube. Dang.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have no picture because mine is fine.

I'm looking for a couple of internet photos I've seen.

The tubes are titanium.
    They are laser engraved with name, serial and other info.
    Apparently titanium is adversely affected by the linear stripe of heat-altered metal when engraved.

They split longitudinally.

The guys where I bought mine showed me one they had split about 1mm wide and 10cm longitudinally.
    They showed me about halfway through my 10.5 month wait on my paperwork.
    It did get my eyebrows raised but they attributed it to the "abuse" of full auto 7.62x51 full auto fire.
    Anyone who possesses a warranty replaced split tube is likely in possession of felony contraband suppressor. They are accused, plausibly, of replacing the tube with the same serial number. Dang.

Nope. We want to see pictures of YOUR suppressor. Prove you have one. Somehow, I am hesitant in believing very much you post now.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You’d think they’d put the SN on a baseplate or other removable part that they can build replacement parts around, like other MFR’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My guess they put it on the tube per BATFE. Their engineers know a tube can fail. Now if you want to continue to play, pay-up again.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nope. We want to see pictures of YOUR suppressor. Prove you have one. Somehow, I am hesitant in believing very much you post now.

Axxe55, don't be a prick!

Attachments

• SAXON 9 .png
      SAXON 9 .png
      1.1 MB · Views: 443

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone have an untoward experience with a Crux suppressor?

If not I'll take that as a favorable sign.

The company may be unfortunately defunct but my can shoots on, though I'll not be abusive to it, as pursuit of any warranty service is for naught.

Shot it today on my Ruger 77/357 with .38SPL rounds and it's incredibly quiet.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I just wanted to provide my personal proof that I am a Dr physician to prove HK is a shill.

You can note the double 6 dice and a real knife to add to the proof that this is my pic and not his.....
    43a1beb09ed45b87879cca8c9f4cfb98.png

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 43a1beb09ed45b87879cca8c9f4cfb98.png
      43a1beb09ed45b87879cca8c9f4cfb98.png
      1.6 MB · Views: 795
    Top Bottom