Texas SOT

Crux suppressors. They are defunct. Anyone get burned?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    HK: What info are you looking for? (confused)

I own two Crux cans as well; Nemesis30 & Axe9. Due to recent event with Crux and publicized failures I have chosen to leave my Nemesis30 on my bolt .308 and leaning towards a CZ Scorpion as a host for my Axe9. I use to run my Nemesis30 on my MK18 but have switch that for a Dead Air Sandman-K.

I use to be a BIG supporter of Crux cans. I think Crux had a great design with a lack of business & customer service skills. And from what I reading on the internet & social media, QC issues. Time will tell.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

RBPDAVIS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2020
    Texas
    I have a Crux Saxon 9. It works pretty well suppressing 9mm as designed.

I actually bought it because it was marketed as a suppressor good for anything that fits through the hole. I've shot 17HMR, .204 Ruger, 5.56, .308, 270WSM and 338 Lapua through it.

I may be lucky.
    Seems the titanium cylinder, the serial numbered part, has a penchant for splitting at the seam and essentially "blowing up".

The Crux warranty service was simply making a new can with a new tube and putting the same serial number on it.
    That is a big felony no-no to BATFE and they Crux got a federal visit. Several visits in fact.
    They are no more.

Crux? Vanished it seems.

I'm lucky. Mine is intact. Mine is fully functional.

I'll use it ad lib for low intensity rounds. You can bet it'll never again get mounted on a magnum rifle barrel.

Shame, really. It seems well built.

HKS
    HKS great info! I just received my Saxon 9 early Feb and have had no issues either so far thankfully! I've only ran 5.56, 9mm through it at the moment. I was sold on this product because of it being "multi cal" im really wanting to use this on my 6.5 Grendel and 270 but scared because of the cracking issues as stated from pressure. Do you or would you feel safe running your Saxon 9 on a 270? Im thinking about getting mine threaded for it but would like some input from someone whos had more experience with this can.

I've emailed F1 Firearms today to see if their brakes would work with our cans. Since I just received mine there seems to be no options for different thread mounts besides Area 419 (which seems too much going on with that system.) As it seems Crux is or was at some point in ties with F1 and look real similar to the ones we received from the box. Hopefully ill get a reply back soon to see if their adapters are in fact the same thread pitch for our cans. We only get one 1/2X28 adapter from Crux and would like to have extras. Will update once they or if they reply for other people whom may be running in the same issue.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    HK: What info are you looking for? (confused)

I own two Crux cans as well; Nemesis30 & Axe9. Due to recent event with Crux and publicized failures I have chosen to leave my Nemesis30 on my bolt .308 and leaning towards a CZ Scorpion as a host for my Axe9. I use to run my Nemesis30 on my MK18 but have switch that for a Dead Air Sandman-K.

I use to be a BIG supporter of Crux cans. I think Crux had a great design with a lack of business & customer service skills. And from what I reading on the internet & social media, QC issues. Time will tell.

I don't own one of theirs, but I have been familiar with them from the very start. I have heard a lot of horrible things about the (former)owner and their service and not much great about them overall. I always wondered why anyone would pay that kind of money for one when there were so many more well established, high quality, and often much cheaper options.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    I don't own one of theirs, but I have been familiar with them from the very start. I have heard a lot of horrible things about the (former)owner and their service and not much great about them overall. I always wondered why anyone would pay that kind of money for one when there were so many more well established, high quality, and often much cheaper options.

Crux was my introduction into suppressors and NFA items. When I bought my first can, 2014, they came highly recommended by Crux owners. A lot of us still think he has/had an awesome product. But the owner always lack customer service/salesman skills. Than somewhere along the way I think the operation became too big for a one to four man shop.

Edit: Note; I’m not defending his actions. I’m just stating that Crux had a good product.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom