• ...and so much more!
  • MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    RBG also stated on video that 9 is a good number. The rest of the dems need to consider this as one of her dying wishes too...
    It’s a damn shame that when the left knows they are losing they lie more than usual and start wanting to change or bend the rules. We need a hard reset on the supreme court.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Speaking of limiting the US Courts, ONE thing needs FIXING & RIGHT NOW. = A federal law should be passed & signed into law that STOPS US District Judges from declaring ANYTHING UNCONSTITUTIONAL , FOREVER unless the decision of that one Judge applies ONLY in that SINGLE Judicial District.
    (The enabling legislation that established the AOUSC NEVER was intended to give ANY single US Judge that sort of dictatorial/nationwide power.)

yours, satx

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    To All,

Speaking of limiting the US Courts, ONE thing needs FIXING & RIGHT NOW. = A federal law should be passed & signed into law that STOPS US District Judges from declaring ANYTHING UNCONSTITUTIONAL , FOREVER unless the decision of that one Judge applies ONLY in that SINGLE Judicial District.
    (The enabling legislation that established the AOUSC NEVER was intended to give ANY single US Judge that sort of dictatorial/nationwide power.)

yours, satx
    Clarence Thomas has been decrying the nationwide injunctions. Maybe with five conservatives now on the court (or shortly to be), this can get slapped down. Roberts can't stop it.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Clarence Thomas has been decrying the nationwide injunctions. Maybe with five conservatives now on the court (or shortly to be), this can get slapped down. Roberts can't stop it.

oldag,

As much as I admire Justice Thomas, this needs to be done under the federal law that established the AOUSC, rather than by the SCOTUS.

The Judicial Act was INTENDED to STOP the US Courts from becoming TOO POWERFUL, as the US Courts now ARE.
    (The US Courts were & are intended to be a CO-EQUAL branch of the US Government.)

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Unfortunately the chance of a Constitutional amendment passing and then being ratified by 3/4 (38 or more states) of the states is slim to none currently.

I kind of like the idea, but I agree with you. Cruz may be looking towards the future when hopefully things change and there is the numbers to get it to pass.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Unfortunately the chance of a Constitutional amendment passing and then being ratified by 3/4 (38 or more states) of the states is slim to none currently.

Cruz said it himself in an interview with CSPAN yesterday -- it's not only about getting the amendment passed. With Pelosi controlling the House, it's obvious it will never pass. It's about bringing it to a vote on the floor of the Senate.

If the Senate votes on it, then you have it on record which democrats are against it, and that can be used as ammunition against them in election races.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Cruz said it himself in an interview with CSPAN yesterday -- it's not only about getting the amendment passed. With Pelosi controlling the House, it's obvious it will never pass. It's about bringing it to a vote on the floor of the Senate.

If the Senate votes on it, then you have it on record which democrats are against it, and that can be used as ammunition against them in election races.

That's a good point. It would provide information of just where anyone would stand on court packing as well. Voting against staying at nine justices, would signal possibly favoring court packing.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Twelve includes nine. logically speaking...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Which has nothing to do with anything. Twelve does not equal nine, logically speaking.

"...shall be composed of nine justices.” Not at nine minimum. Exactly. No more, no less.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Sorry about the thread title math error. I was all het up and morphed the number of words with the number of judges Sen. Cruz suggests in his Amendment.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Sorry about the thread title math error. I was all het up and morphed the number of words with the number of judges Sen. Cruz suggests in his Amendment.

No harm or foul. I think most understood what the intent of the post was about. And if they didn't, they can always start a thread in the Rants & Rave section about it!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Which has nothing to do with anything. Twelve does not equal nine, logically speaking.

"...shall be composed of nine justices.” Not at nine minimum. Exactly. No more, no less.
    The set "twelve" includes the set "nine".
    With positive integers,
    the set {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12}
    Includes the set {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9}

The bill needs to be more specific or the left would attempt to skirt its obvious intent, through the logical loophole.
    c38c40f7f936940cec7d465b30ae1261.jpg

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    To be fair, the wording could be clearer.
    But it was written by a lawyer in such a way as to leave it open to litigation thereby keeping lawyers employed.
    And I like Cruz.
    But, yeah, he has more chance of dieing of covid than it passing anyway.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    To be fair, the wording could be clearer.
    But it was written by a lawyer in such a way as to leave it open to litigation thereby keeping lawyers employed.
    And I like Cruz.
    But, yeah, he has more chance of dieing of covid than it passing anyway.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I like Ted Cruz too, and he's pretty intelligent man, and I think he knew that going in. I think there was another purpose as mentioned before. Getting senators on record of where they stand in vote on court packing.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The set "twelve" includes the set "nine".
    With positive integers,
    the set {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12}
    Includes the set {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9}

The bill needs to be more specific or the left would attempt to skirt its obvious intent, through the logical loophole.
    c38c40f7f936940cec7d465b30ae1261.jpg

Duh. Tell us something we don't know.

Nowhere were sets referred to at all. Rather the exact number of nine.

Might as well talk about the second law of thermodynamics. Would be just as pertinent as what you posted.

Top Bottom