• ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    God some of you people are ignorant.

Third, the "seized" bitcoin was from exchanges. Wallet to wallet transfers are still 1000% secure and NO ONE not even your magical US government can seize the asset without the encryption key of the wallet.
    Nothing connected by a network is 1000% secure. not even 50% secure. It is at high risk of compromise. Right now there are Russian Oligarchs trying to figure out how their wallets were compromised.

The human race will probably be ended before that level of encryption is breakable.
    Exactly what Germans thought about Enigma, which had a keyspace larger than the number of atoms in the universe. Yet a Polish guy broke it with pen and paper before digital computers were invented.

Don't post on something highly complicated unless you know something about it.

LOL That would make the internet no fun at all.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't trust anything that can be totally cut off if they just disable my phone's sim card, cause an internet outage, or turn off the lights.
    I don't trust it either. Problem is it applies to your bank, too. They have very little cash on hand; everything is electronic. Same goes for retailers; payment systems always going on the fritz.

Employers have the same problems, too. Few months ago when UKG got ransomwared a whole lot of people didn't get their direct deposit.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

Yeah a 51% attack is a hack on the crypto itself. If you notice it's only happened twice, and on non-popular coins. For a 51% attack to be possible it has to be on a crypto without a lot of users. Best to stay away from the alt-coins like whatever the hell "Bean" was.

Every other time you hear about crypto being "hacked" or seized it's an exchange or client that's been compromised.

I'm also dubious when I see it reported that crypto was seized via police action. They might have seized a device that has a wallet on it, and they know how much that wallet has based on the public ledger, but they can't actually get at the crypto without the private key.
    ...or it was seized off an exchange, which is the same as them seizing your bank account. People get caught by using the exchanges.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom