CTD has me wondering

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Cheaper Than Dirt has sent out another of their email specials. Before trashing it, I noticed that the subject line was different. The headline on the flyer was prominent. Both said:

Feds Want to Stop the Importation of Firearms
However, there's no text on the flyer explaining this. I went to their web site, reviewed the blog, looked over the collection of articles and I can find nothing on this subject.

Does anybody know what CTD is talking about?

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
I've always assumed that the feds did, in fact, want to stop importation of firearms (as well as a lot of other things). And ............ I don't trust CTD.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
Sep 5, 2013
DFW
It takes a pair of brass balls that need a wheelbarrow to call yourselves "Cheaper Than Dirt" and then charge $99 for a P-Mag. Even better when it said "Our everyday low price!" next to the dollar amount. Sleazy.

You can cry "capitalism!" all you want, but that doesn't cover up the fact they gave their customers a giant middle finger and decided their core customer base should be the panic-buyers. A demographic that wasn't going to last. Now that they've successfully given the message of "screw you regular gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters" they've realized that maybe that wasn't a solid long term business plan. Their attempt to buy their way back into 2A supporters hearts must have fallen back if they are trying to stir up crap again.

That said, even pre-panic I NEVER liked CTD. Their prices were uncompetitive and their screwball warehouse system meant you could easily double or triple your shipping costs if you weren't careful. It's as though their entire web business was designed to squeeze the maximum dollars out of a wallet. There is nothing "Cheap" about them. Never has been. There are much better stores out there. You want capitalism? Here you go. Treat me like I can't use the Internet, charge well above market prices, watch me never take my business to you. Good job. Solid business plan.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
They pulled that mega expensive shipping on me too.
That was even way before pre-panic. It was something outrageous like $29 for two 20rd boxes of ammo.
F them. Never again.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads