Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Cheaper Than Dirt has sent out another of their email specials. Before trashing it, I noticed that the subject line was different. The headline on the flyer was prominent. Both said:

Feds Want to Stop the Importation of Firearms

However, there's no text on the flyer explaining this. I went to their web site, reviewed the blog, looked over the collection of articles and I can find nothing on this subject.

Does anybody know what CTD is talking about?
    Target Sports

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    CTD sucks!

Cheaper Than Dirt Rating | Second Amendment Check

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottCheaperThanDirt

Ammo Price Gouging - Boycott CheaperThanDirt.com

156242_565616286798140_374583295_a.jpg

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    It takes a pair of brass balls that need a wheelbarrow to call yourselves "Cheaper Than Dirt" and then charge $99 for a P-Mag. Even better when it said "Our everyday low price!" next to the dollar amount. Sleazy.

You can cry "capitalism!" all you want, but that doesn't cover up the fact they gave their customers a giant middle finger and decided their core customer base should be the panic-buyers. A demographic that wasn't going to last. Now that they've successfully given the message of "screw you regular gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters" they've realized that maybe that wasn't a solid long term business plan. Their attempt to buy their way back into 2A supporters hearts must have fallen back if they are trying to stir up crap again.

That said, even pre-panic I NEVER liked CTD. Their prices were uncompetitive and their screwball warehouse system meant you could easily double or triple your shipping costs if you weren't careful. It's as though their entire web business was designed to squeeze the maximum dollars out of a wallet. There is nothing "Cheap" about them. Never has been. There are much better stores out there. You want capitalism? Here you go. Treat me like I can't use the Internet, charge well above market prices, watch me never take my business to you. Good job. Solid business plan.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    They pulled that mega expensive shipping on me too.
    That was even way before pre-panic. It was something outrageous like $29 for two 20rd boxes of ammo.
    F them. Never again.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Guys, I understand about CTD. I don't do business with them. I've actually seen their social media guy brag in a public speech about how their customers are so much younger than any other big vendor. (IOW, they like the fact that their customers are less-experienced and less knowledgeable..and thus don't know they're being ripped off.)

What I was asking is "Is there some new push by the administration to ban imports? Or is CTD just blowing smoke?"

Gig'emBCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Bryan Texas
    I got the same email. Cheaper than dirt was actually cheap when they first opened a very long time ago, but they lost my business long ago with price gouging with the Clinton ban. I stick with Sportsman's Guide now. I am all for capitalism and supply and demand. People are still going to pay stupid prices that's why they keep doing it. I just will not be one of them.

Gig'emBCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Bryan Texas
    Guys, I understand about CTD. I don't do business with them. I've actually seen their social media guy brag in a public speech about how their customers are so much younger than any other big vendor. (IOW, they like the fact that their customers are less-experienced and less knowledgeable..and thus don't know they're being ripped off.)

What I was asking is "Is there some new push by the administration to ban imports? Or is CTD just blowing smoke?"

The only thing I have heard about is the executive order that will destroy the CMP. The truth about Obama's new executive orders targeting guns | Fox News

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Customer came into wally world today and told me what a good deal he got on .22 ammo from CTD, $90 for 500 rounds, almost laughed, another customer did laugh, he left

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

Top Bottom