• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    A lot of the videos on youtube are outdated. So could someone tell me the current laws, and if it would be worth it to conceal carry, or if I should look into open carry...
    DK Firearms

monkeywrench7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Your best bet is to apply for concealed carry. Then, it won’t matter whether you open or concealed carry, except in places where Open Carry and or Concealed Carry are prohibited. As it is, carry without a license protects you on/in your property, it doesn’t truly protect you outside your car, or your property, especially on someone else’s property without permission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I look at it this way. If someone wants to jump bad who is the first shot going to, Joe Blow or the guy with a gun? And I guarantee the jumper wasn't open carry so there is no warning. While he is taking care of the guy with the pistol stuck out there for everyone to see I will take care of him.

monkeywrench7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    I look at it this way. If someone wants to jump bad who is the first shot going to, Joe Blow or the guy with a gun? And I guarantee the jumper wasn't open carry so there is no warning. While he is taking care of the guy with the pistol stuck out there for everyone to see I will take care of him.

Feel free. I’ll gladly draw fire for you, simply for the right not to have to pay a tax that has no bearing or effect on my knowledge or ability to use my weapon.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Is this a thread to bash open carry? I haven't seen stats that show a growing concern for being shot while open carrying as opposed to concealed carrying.

monkeywrench7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    How do you do that?! lol

More out of necessity than desire. Had to wear long sleeves overseas because regulations changed disallowing rolled sleeves. They didn’t change the whole rest of the time I was in service. Since I got out I just haven’t broken the habit. I work on and with equipment so sleeves protect from dirt, grime, grease and fluid spills/sprays, and lacerations.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    There are no separate licenses for open or concealed carry, it's just a license to carry and you'll need one to legally carry outside your home, property, car, business or friend's house.

There is no license-less open carry of handguns in this state. IDK where people get this idea from.

Besides being legally allowed to carry away from your home and extensions of same, having an LTC let's you skip the NICS check when purchasing a gun, and gives you a CHL in reciprocity states.

monkeywrench7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    By that same token, you may carry (open or concealed) without license on/in your personal property or with property owner’s consent.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    There are no separate licenses for open or concealed carry, it's just a license to carry and you'll need one to legally carry outside your home, property, car, business or friend's house.

There is no license-less open carry of handguns in this state. IDK where people get this idea from.

Besides being legally allowed to carry away from your home and extensions of same, having an LTC let's you skip the NICS check when purchasing a gun, and gives you a CHL in reciprocity states.

A license is needed to carry at a friend's house unless the friend's house is under your control. A license does not automatically allow carry at your place of business, unless you have the property under your control. However, without a license one can carry on his own premises or premises under his control, inside of or enroute to a motor vehicle or watercraft that he owns or his under his control. Car carry has additional restrictions that premise carry does not.

One can also carry sans license while traveling, or engaged in a lawful hunting or sporting activity where handguns are commonly used, and en route between the premises and the actor's residence, motor vehicle, or watercraft. Additionally, without a license one can carry who holds an alcoholic beverage permit or license or is an employee of a holder of an alcoholic beverage permit or license if the person is supervising the operation of the permitted or licensed premises. There are other ways to carry a handgun without a license.

Top Bottom