• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Carrying a gun much like owning and driving a car is a responsibility and should be a duty to know and understand the law. Don't rely on others to inform you of the law as you go along. Certainly ask questions if you're unsure of interpretation of the law, but don't rely on any one person as a source of the law. The law as it is written can be confusing, as laws often are, but there are publications that can help better understand them.

Tamlibtoim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2016
    Texas (Bay Area)
    Well I for one am enjoying this conversation. I find it interesting what new people to cc are asking. I bookmarked the link for myself as well and while reading it, i found out that i did not have to take the proficiency course as an honorably discharged service member. (If I understand correctly) There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers. Be sure to learn things from the correct source. Good luck and welcome!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Google is simply a search function, it's not like Wikipedia which depends on users to input/update the information. Obviously one should use trusted sources of information such as the DPS LTC page, but there is nothing wrong with using Google to find info on a topic you are interested in. Even Wikipedia can be helpful when the information is sourced to an original document. There is no reason to avoid search engines of any kind, they make finding things on the Internet easier...but they do require the users to apply a little common sense!

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Google is simply a search function, it's not like Wikipedia which depends on users to input/update the information. Obviously one should use trusted sources of information such as the DPS LTC page, but there is nothing wrong with using Google to find info on a topic you are interested in. Even Wikipedia can be helpful when the information is sourced to an original document. There is no reason to avoid search engines of any kind, they make finding things on the Internet easier...but they do require the users to apply a little common sense!
    Key words!!! common sense!

MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    Well I for one am enjoying this conversation. I find it interesting what new people to cc are asking. I bookmarked the link for myself as well and while reading it, i found out that i did not have to take the proficiency course as an honorably discharged service member. (If I understand correctly) There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers. Be sure to learn things from the correct source. Good luck and welcome!
    That's right. Glad you like it man :)
    Actually the main reason why I joined was to talk to gun people.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    I'm a little late here, but a couple of observations. YouTube videos from Texas Law Shield should be a safe bet. TLS is a provider of prepaid legal coverage to, I understand, a couple hundred thousand gun owners in Texas. Their videos are prepared and presented by lawyers in Texas. TLS also does seminars around the state. Another good source of info is a License to Carry class! Do the app, get the fingerprints and background check, and take the course. In the end, you'll get informed and get a license.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Just take the LTC class and get licensed. They encourage questions and will help you understand the CURRENT law. The course is inexpensive and both the written test and shooting test are designed to test your common sense and base skills. You do not need to be an expert shot or quote the law to pass these.

In my experience, someone will carry, or they won't. It's that simple. A LOT of my friends have expressed interest in guns, even fewer in actually carrying, and even fewer still have made words into actions and ACTUALLY gone and taken the course to get licensed. I can count them on one hand. And what's more, even after being licensed; they all don't carry every day.

MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    I'm a little late here, but a couple of observations. YouTube videos from Texas Law Shield should be a safe bet. TLS is a provider of prepaid legal coverage to, I understand, a couple hundred thousand gun owners in Texas. Their videos are prepared and presented by lawyers in Texas. TLS also does seminars around the state. Another good source of info is a License to Carry class! Do the app, get the fingerprints and background check, and take the course. In the end, you'll get informed and get a license.
    Just take the LTC class and get licensed. They encourage questions and will help you understand the CURRENT law. The course is inexpensive and both the written test and shooting test are designed to test your common sense and base skills. You do not need to be an expert shot or quote the law to pass these.

In my experience, someone will carry, or they won't. It's that simple. A LOT of my friends have expressed interest in guns, even fewer in actually carrying, and even fewer still have made words into actions and ACTUALLY gone and taken the course to get licensed. I can count them on one hand. And what's more, even after being licensed; they all don't carry every day.
    Thanks y'all!

Top Bottom