Current wait times???

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by Texas Solo, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas Solo

Texas Solo Active Member

May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Was wondering what the current wait time is. I'm at 75 days now, "still processing". I got my pin right at the 30 day mark.

I was hoping for about a 90 day wait, but someone at work told me that it was way longer now. And check the 1st reply to this thread, where the poster says he just got his after submitting it in Feb 08 (no typo) ?????
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-action-chl/6146-took-my-chl-class-today.html

2. guardrail

guardrail New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Richmond, Tx
    well me and five others took the class jan.17 2009. i sent in my paper work jan.22 and my one friend sent his in jan.27 and he got his plastic yesterday, as far as i know the rest of us are still waiting

3. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    F-O-R-E-V-E-R :(

Class - February 17
    Pin - March 17 or 19, I can't remember!:lolz:
    Where'd April go?

Today, May 6, still processing

4. GI-John

GI-John Hurry up and wait!! TGT Supporter

Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    yall are scaring me, I still have not yet takin the class. I was waiting till I purchased my XD 9sc, but I think I'll go ahead and take the class now...wow

5. Rocket_Cowboy

Rocket_Cowboy Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    Yeah ... take the class, get the paperwork sent in, then take your time shopping for the best deal on your equipment.

I'm not looking forward to the wait time just for my simple renewal.

6. I think I got really lucky. I sent mine in back in August and had plastic in hand after 54 days. I was expecting a long wait but somehow I was passed really fast.

7. hoggie96

hoggie96 New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Took class mid-January. Mailed off paperwork end of January. Received PIN on 2/24.

Currently my application is "Still Processing".

I actually called the DPS last week and the nice lady in the CHL division that I spoke with let me know that they were waiting on the background check from the local authorities. She said the "Gulf Coast" agencies were way behind in this (I assume from Ike). I just wish I knew what she meant by "way behind".

I've seen in a couple other threads guys recently getting theirs after about 4-5 months, so I hope that I'm only a couple weeks out at this point.

8. WarrGo

WarrGo New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    N. Texas
    I forgot to sign the back of my photo. The packet was received by DPS on Jan 2. The photo was returned I signed it and sent it back got my CHL last Monday. From my first mail off to getting it in my box. 131 days

9. y5e06

y5e06 New Member

Jan 26, 2009
    app hand delivered 9-Feb, plastic received in mail 6-May.

3 months with about as clean an app as you can get.

10. VETTKLR

VETTKLR New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    TX Panhandle
    It's been 91 days since I received my PIN and still Processing Application
    A local friend of mine sent her application in 1 month before I did and she hasn't seen anything either. :(

I guess our background checks are being sent to Austin via 1-legged horse or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.