• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Was wondering what the current wait time is. I'm at 75 days now, "still processing". I got my pin right at the 30 day mark.

I was hoping for about a 90 day wait, but someone at work told me that it was way longer now. And check the 1st reply to this thread, where the poster says he just got his after submitting it in Feb 08 (no typo) ?????
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-action-chl/6146-took-my-chl-class-today.html
    Guns International

guardrail

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Richmond, Tx
    well me and five others took the class jan.17 2009. i sent in my paper work jan.22 and my one friend sent his in jan.27 and he got his plastic yesterday, as far as i know the rest of us are still waiting

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    F-O-R-E-V-E-R :(

Class - February 17
    Pin - March 17 or 19, I can't remember!
    Where'd April go?

Today, May 6, still processing

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    yall are scaring me, I still have not yet takin the class. I was waiting till I purchased my XD 9sc, but I think I'll go ahead and take the class now...wow

Yeah ... take the class, get the paperwork sent in, then take your time shopping for the best deal on your equipment.

I'm not looking forward to the wait time just for my simple renewal.

hoggie96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Took class mid-January. Mailed off paperwork end of January. Received PIN on 2/24.

Currently my application is "Still Processing".

I actually called the DPS last week and the nice lady in the CHL division that I spoke with let me know that they were waiting on the background check from the local authorities. She said the "Gulf Coast" agencies were way behind in this (I assume from Ike). I just wish I knew what she meant by "way behind".

I've seen in a couple other threads guys recently getting theirs after about 4-5 months, so I hope that I'm only a couple weeks out at this point.

WarrGo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    N. Texas
    I forgot to sign the back of my photo. The packet was received by DPS on Jan 2. The photo was returned I signed it and sent it back got my CHL last Monday. From my first mail off to getting it in my box. 131 days

y5e06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    app hand delivered 9-Feb, plastic received in mail 6-May.

3 months with about as clean an app as you can get.

VETTKLR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    TX Panhandle
    It's been 91 days since I received my PIN and still Processing Application
    A local friend of mine sent her application in 1 month before I did and she hasn't seen anything either. :(

I guess our background checks are being sent to Austin via 1-legged horse or something.

tool1075

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I took my class in January.

I have been told by them MULTIPLE times, that it would "get to me in a few weeks."

I contacted my state representative, and that finally made them wake up.

They told me they would be overnighting it to me, and guess what? No way.

I just spoke with yet another dumb idiot at the DPS, and she told me that the first one they printed out was no good, so they had to send off for another one.

This is bullshit. January. JANUARY is when I sent in my application.

Oh, and by the way- I have a government security clearance. So, yeah, my background check shouldn't have been that difficult (you would think so, right????)

WRONG

Barely any agencies at the federal level communicate with each other, let a lone federal to state.

F*cking bullsh*t.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I can't imagine what might cause you're application to be delayed. Background, mental health, substance abuse??? Or maybe some of this fury you spewed out here, made it's way onto someone at DPS on one of those calls.

I understand being frustrated, but I don't think there's any reason to make a post like that. You may want to review the code of conduct/site rules. Specifically about profanity.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Your government clearance is irrelevant to your CHL. The law requires that DPS conduct their own background check.

That said, your name calling of people who are overworked and underpaid and most likely have nothing to do with your delay on your license is appalling.

If you were as rude and aggressive with them as you were here, I suspect they are considering re-evaluating your suitability for a license.

tool1075

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Your government clearance is irrelevant to your CHL. The law requires that DPS conduct their own background check.

obviously. I emphasized the reason why in my post.

That said, your name calling of people who are overworked and underpaid and most likely have nothing to do with your delay on your license is appalling.

Key words: "most likely." I'll say it IS NOT LIKELY, considering they have been extremely rude to me every time I have called to speak with them. I have been nothing but polite.

And, if I want to vent about it on an anonymous internet forum, I will.

If you were as rude and aggressive with them as you were here, I suspect they are considering re-evaluating your suitability for a license.

See above.

Oh please.... don't get all preachy with me and get a "holier than thou" attitude. I know exactly how government organizations operate. There is absolutely no excuse for what is going on at the DPS right now, except for simple fall-back arguments about "overworked, underpaid" individuals.

spare me the lecture.

edit:

For emphasis, let me drive a point home for you, so it is more clear-

The government, Federal, State, AND Local, works for US. It works for ME. It works for YOU. They work for US.

If, when I call a government agency, I am treated with unprovoked hostility and dishonesty- it angers me. Why? BECAUSE I PAY MY TAXES.

Why do you think the DPS actually DOES SOMETHING when you contact your state representative??? Because they are the ones who have a say about the funding of the DPS.

Obviously, the DPS has forgotten the real funding (at the bottom-line) of their organization. The people.

tool1075

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I can't imagine what might cause you're application to be delayed. Background, mental health, substance abuse??? Or maybe some of this fury you spewed out here, made it's way onto someone at DPS on one of those calls.

see my above post. I have been nothing but polite to the DPS every time I have called, and I have been treated with disrespect every time I have called.

I understand being frustrated, but I don't think there's any reason to make a post like that. You may want to review the code of conduct/site rules. Specifically about profanity.

I did not know there were rules about the use of profanity on this forum, as there are not censors in place. I will review the rules.

If need be, I will edit my posts of profane language.

edit-

Yup, it says no excessive use of profanity. oops. I'll edit a few words.

I now realize that you both might have misconstrued my unadulterated absolute rage as psychopathic and unnecessary, and for that I apologize.

It used to be, I could jump on an internet forum and vent by writing anything I wanted to write- but rules are rules...

sorry.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The government, Federal, State, AND Local, works for US. It works for ME. It works for YOU. They work for US.

The problem is the "US". There are booked CHL classes all over the state. We are at least one month out, and before it was two months.

All getting your state rep involved does is make another person wait longer because DPS has to stop on their app and work on yours.

tool1075

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    The problem is the "US". There are booked CHL classes all over the state. We are at least one month out, and before it was two months.

All getting your state rep involved does is make another person wait longer because DPS has to stop on their app and work on yours.

Well, but doesn't that make sense?

If I submitted my application before someone else, they should finish mine before the other one. Unless, of course, the background check on mine takes longer.

But, I didn't even call DPS until April, and at that point, my background check was finished, according to the person on the phone. I was extremely patient. Took the class on New Year's weekend, submitted my packet, and I waited until April to call them. So, for a month, they have been giving me asshole responses, general rudeness, and bad attitudes every time I call (and I've only called 3 times). Hell, they called ME once! They called ME to tell me that they were going to overnight my license. That's why I called today, I was very confused, because "overnight" turned into "over a week with nothing."

I mean, for all I know, it was sitting in a pile because their printer messed up, and printed it wrong (the latest excuse I was given).

I've talked to people who have had their applications "lost" by DPS (even though received by certified mail), the PERFECT passport photos returned for no reason, or "damaged", all kinds of silly things.

So, given these events, and the attitude of the people I have spoken with in their offices, I have to assume they are inept, lazy, and dishonest.

Could that be incorrect? Yeah, sure. Hell, I bet there are some smart, honest, dependable people working there. But, if those GOOD people are represented by the assholes that I have talked to (which they are. they are representing the DPS when they speak to us on the phone) it sucks for the good people.

only takes a couple of bad apples to spoil the bunch...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    This thread has been somewhat cleansed. Evidently we cannot discuss this topic without going after one another. As such it has been closed.

If you have a problem, PM me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom