Texas SOT

Cuss word filtering and other family-friendly measures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    So does a coffee shop, doesn't change their right to do the same.

Nobody is arguing that they don't have a right to do this. They own it - they can shut it down, kick out whoever they want, etc.
    As far as the coffee shop reference....if you make a change to the coffee that a large percentage of your clientele doesn't like....not so good for business. If it's just a cafe, most of us would probably just turn our backs on it and go to another one down the road. But this place and the people here are more important to most of us than some coffee shop. All this bitching and whining we are doing is our way of feeding back - but since we are with our online family, we are doing it in our own way.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    We understand the owners have a right to do this. See post #1.

I also understand a responsible business owner will appreciate negative feedback rather than seeing his base leave him forever without saying a word about why. The owner has stated he is open to suggestions and that is a good start for him I think we can all respect.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    We understand the owners have a right to do this. See post #1.

I also understand a responsible business owner will appreciate negative feedback rather than seeing his base leave him forever without saying a word about why. The owner has stated he is open to suggestions and that is a good start for him I think we can all respect.

You will leave if you cannot write cuss words here?

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    I agree. If u have to cuss to get your point across then your argument is very good. Anyone can join this site. If u dont like the new policy. Then just leave. Or start your own where u can say whatever u want too. Like my opinion or not, i dont care. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    It's still relatively free and open.
    I wasn't aware of a problem with members using curse words that would warrant a filter.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I haven't been here very long, but I don't recall alot of use of the seven evil words. I really don't understand what all the hoopla is about that would warrant 15 pages. The new owners have the right of ownership, which is every bit as important as our right to possess firearms. You all resent the thought of Obama regulating firearms, but are willing to try and tell the owners of the forum what to do with their property. If we want to be free, don't we have to grant freedom to everyone? My 2 cents.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Une chose cette m'a montré, c'est qu'il ya beaucoup de gens sur prushish ici qui obtiennent leurs culottes baise dans une liasse plus petite merde.

그 놈들은 그들이 똑같이 생각하지 않는 사람에 빌어 먹을 덤프를 수행하기 위해 열심 puritian 똥 구멍 나올 것있다.

Men om tur och surive förbjuds Jag är säker på andra kreativa sätt att få våra jävla poäng över kommer att komma upp.

האָפֿן די אחראים באַקומען דעם ווייַט צו זען אַז איך בין טריינג צו מאַכן אַ ליכט כאַרטאַד פּרווון אין הומאָר מיט דעם פּאָסטן איידער זיי פאַלן די גאָדאַמן פאַרבאָט האַמער.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I haven't been here very long, but I don't recall alot of use of the seven evil words. I really don't understand what all the hoopla is about that would warrant 15 pages. The new owners have the right of ownership, which is every bit as important as our right to possess firearms. You all resent the thought of Obama regulating firearms, but are willing to try and tell the owners of the forum what to do with their property. If we want to be free, don't we have to grant freedom to everyone? My 2 cents.

the F word has been in regular rotation with a few here. I don't really care one way or the other. I don't cuss much, but when I want to, I want to. But all this discussion is a bunch of guys acting like ******* (will it get ****ed?)

edit - yes. yes it did...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Our government is ruining our country.
    I got better things to worry about than a cuss filter on a free site.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    So, can we get a list of the forbidden words? Just checking.

Sure thing.

****, ****, ****, ******, *****, ******, ***, ****, ******, *****, ****, *****, ****, ****, ****, ******, and of course *********.

There's going to be a manual?
    027.gif

Will we have to tell them to
    kissass.gif
    ?

I really like that last one. Gonna have to bookmark this thread and borrow that from time to time.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Cue the phrase "Vote with your feet". I haven't read where anyone was "telling" the owners they will do anything. What they do express is their willingness to log out forever. The new owners are free to impose all of the rules they want and the membership is free to leave.

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    The filter can be turned off. See "GENERAL FORUMS, Announcements & Comments, New Profanity Filter Option". The default setting is for the filter to be ON, but that link tells how to disable it. I'll probably leave it enabled--I don't curse at all and find it annoying; however, if it is your "thing", have at it.

flashguy

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    This will be interesting to watch. I've seen very popular forums with a tremendous member count, lots of advertising (very successful) get bought because it was successful. Then the new owners change the forum to meet their desires. And believe it or not, the forum spirals down hill and sponsors are lost, etc., etc. Pretty poor business plan to take someting that works, and change it. But, I firmly believe if you own something you can to whatever you want with it. I hope it doesn't happen here.
    I am sure the owners are reading this so I will pass on some information I gained in my years as a consultant:

1) Ok, you bought it, its yours and you can do with it as you see fit, but my guess is you bought it because you are in business to make money, simple as that.

2) Do NOT make unpublicized changes. Nothing worse that finding out out information post-implementation. Just be honest and open, state the changes and the date of implementation or even better you might request member comment for the next 15 days at which time you will take it all under consideration. Sure is nice when the new owner looks to the his workers/members etc for comments and thoughts about how to improve or make things better.

3) Since this is a Texas board I will provide an example that some on here may know: Just outside, N of Dallas up by the Lake was an OLD established eatery. It had been there since 1946. It was called the Duck In. Its prime draw was fried whole catfish. A short menu and a light salad bar, you and everyone else came for one reason, fried WHOLE catfish, served ALL YOU CAN EAT! Fri/Sat night, you could wait up to 3 hrs, the place was old, have crabby waitresses that had been there about as long. The parking lot had Harley's and Rolls Royce, folk dressed in black tie and tails to sleeveless Harley jackets with 1%er tats, but we ALL got along for those whole catfish. I had eaten there since the 60's. In the 80's, the family, original owners wanted to sell out. The place was a gold mine and talk was they got $millions for it. Here came the new owners, new menu, Whole cats became frozen fillets, whole cats extra, big salad bar that no one have ever eaten to begin with. The private club inside was all fixed up and now cost big bucks to join (so you could have beer with your cats). In the old days it was $1 buck to join for the night or $10 for the year, most of us joined for the year as we would be back soon.

It was the kind of place that when a stranger stepped off a plane at Love Field and asked a taxi driver about good places to eat the Duck In was spoken...

The NEW Duck In, lasted only about 1 year, ending nearly 40 year run...I have seen this repeat itself time and time again from manufacutring companies, to eateries, office supplies you name it.

My advice is any change you make really needs to be for the best for all concerned...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom