Capitol Armory ad

Cuss word filtering and other family-friendly measures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    A watch worn on the wrist is a wrisTWATch.
    Had that one filtered one time on another forum years ago. It made for a good laugh.
    ARJ Defense ad

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Thanks ...
    Good idea on bouncing the ideas first off the mods...
    We also own Haytalk.com as well as the store that goes with it...

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    A watch worn on the wrist is a wrisTWATch.
    Had that one filtered one time on another forum years ago. It made for a good laugh.

Why was that filtered?! Am I missing something?

Edit: Your capitalization of the word "T W A T" only shows up when you are being quoted. Damn, that's a good filter.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    " Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our language—we did. ,,, But you can't hold a whole site responsible for the behavior of a few, sick perverted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole site? And if the whole site is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our gun related forums in general? I put it to you,: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America."

;););););)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This thread made me laugh.

IMO, most if the good info on this forum has been buried under a huge pile of shit since the last crash.

Some don't like the new rules, there are other forums OR you could start your own.

I got tired of some of the attitudes here so I spend more time on another forum now. Check in here about once a day.

This used to be a friendly place where members had no problem speaking their mind and new users felt welcome. Now it is a place where differences quickly turn to ridiculous Internet arguments, new members are accused of being trolls because they lack knowledge, and those with high post counts think they are Internet gods.

Not sure how things will pan out, but it would be nice to see the TGT clock turned back about 12 months.

Oh, and the censorship stuff is really funny. It's private property, they can censor whatever they want here but YOU are not censored. You can still go say it somewhere else. Do you feel the same about city ordinances that prohibit cursing?

PapaG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Near College Station
    As a fairly new guy here, I would've researched a business before investing money in it. A lot of folks here have owned businesses before, myself included. Previous experience is no guarantee of success. You can not make MickeyD's into Franklin's BBQ.

sent from inside the fire tornado

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Does such a thing exist? I've honestly never heard of that and probably would have a real issue with it if I came across that city.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

I've heard of them but couldn't name any in places in particular. Seems I read about a guy getting hit on it a while back. I think it would generally fall under a disorderly conduct charge or something and probably only when someone is truly being disorderly.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I'm old and have been known to throw out the F Bomb occasionally but today's generation.....including my own son.....use it in almost every sentence. Out in the public at eating places I hear it daily. People just don't care anymore! Now on this Forum....I do think you can make your point without all the cuss words but since I only reading them and not actually hearing them....I seem to just read on and my brain filters out what I don't want to hear. If anyone gets offended by others language they have the option to just stop reading and go on to another Topic.

Top Bottom