What do yall think? Might try to fill in the flag in subdued colors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    May 25, 2009
    It will done by this weekend.

20140216_234822_LLS.jpg

That's looking great so far. How did you color the recessed letters so well without getting paint all over everything? I assume there's a trick to this.

I am going to try for an older Texas flag. Not sure how to get the look but I want it faded.

640px-Old_West_Texas_Flag.jpg

That's easy. Just paint it up pretty and then send it to me. I'll return it in about 10 years with the faded look at no charge.

TRIXXTERR

Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    I believe they are $75. Their initial run has been accounted for, but they plan on doing another 100 soon. http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/runner-runner-guns/54390-texas-lower.html

ETA: they are actually $75 (not 79 like i originally put) Here's the specific post in that thread: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/runner-runner-guns/54390-texas-lower-42.html#post896073

I believe that price is for the initial first run.. Now, on the regular production runs, I doubt they will be that cheap. But, I could be wrong. If they are the same, ill be buying many more. I am curious to see what will be next. As for the design.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That's looking great so far. How did you color the recessed letters so well without getting paint all over everything? I assume there's a trick to this.

That's easy. Just paint it up pretty and then send it to me. I'll return it in about 10 years with the faded look at no charge.

Youtube color fill rollmarks
    Testers paint and non acetone finger nail polish remover. Stinks but it works. Make sure it drys good or it will smear when taking off the excess.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    May 15, 2012
    Went to walmart to get supplies and they didn't have blue, got flat red and white and some non acetone nail polish. Been wanting to try this for awhile.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    May 15, 2012
    Yeah I got the testors model paint, I'm gonna look up some more videos before I try it but out of curiosity do colors like blue and red show up good alone without a light base coat?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I know the red does. Aint tryed the blue yet, still several days away
    Clean good with alchohol too

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

cpr1979

Jan 20, 2014
    Yeah I got the testors model paint, I'm gonna look up some more videos before I try it but out of curiosity do colors like blue and red show up good alone without a light base coat?

I was considering doing the whole flag white then painting in the blue and red

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    May 15, 2012
    I was considering doing the whole flag white then painting in the blue and red

See I was thinking about possibly trying that, good thing is I have two since I'm holding my bro's until he gets back from deployment and he wants me to do it to his as well which means that gets to be the tester lol.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Mine is at the durakoater.

Painted as described above with the grooves filled in black to make the colors "pop"

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I was gonna use black crayon, fill in the grooves, then paint. Take out the crayon after. Easy masking and removal woth a toothpick

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Top Bottom