• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Testers emamel model paint and non acetone polish remover. Look on you tube for colorfill roll marks.
    Not hard and lasts longer than crayon

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

RunnerRunner

Nov 15, 2013
    Lacquer thinner removes enamel paint very easily off lowers. I've used it in the past to remove Testors and it hasn't left any residue. Try in on a small section first though, just to make sure.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The youtube video i watched recomended the non acetone polish. I used to laquer cabints and thought of that too but did not want to damage the lower. Plus sometimes laquer thinner has bad reactions to some enamels. I may try it though if i have any troubles.

RunnerRunner

Nov 15, 2013
    The youtube video i watched recomended the non acetone polish. I used to laquer cabints and thought of that too but did not want to damage the lower. Plus sometimes laquer thinner has bad reactions to some enamels. I may try it though if i have any troubles.

I had a lower which had enamel paint on it and I asked my friend who has worked in the auto paint industry for the last 30 years. He told me acetone or laquer thinner to remove it. Acetone didn't work that great but when I used laquer thinner it removed it right away without leaving a residue. All I know is that it worked for me. Maybe the best thing would be to put a spot of enamel paint inside the mag well and see what removes it best.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    How about denatured alcohol to work with the Testor's and the lower's finish instead of acetone or nail polish remover?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have not tried either, the video said something about acetone removing some finishes or something and polish was cheap, about a dollar or so at wally world. Knowling laquer thinner I am sure it would work too, but gets some people high a lot quicker than polish. Allthough they do both stink, laquer thinner costs more too. So I just went with the polish, seems to work pretty well. Plus you can swipe a little from most women if you need too. I do use rubbing alchohol to clean first, sems to work well and it is an ingredient in most spray cleaners. Plus cheap

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Polish remover has ethal acetate, which can be used as a solvent for things like laquer, so laquer thinner should work. Just have good ventilation, laquer headaches are a bitch and aspirin don't help at all. ;)

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Mine either. The last time I was laquering cabinets in a tiny room off a garage, so high I could barely walk. Took 6 hours longer than it should. Left my vapor mask 2 hours away, nowhere to get another. Head huft for days and even coffee tasted nasty. Damn

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Still need to touch up lettering and do the flag after assembly

4e9uhapu.jpg
    re3aramy.jpg

Top Bottom