Military Camp

Cut down one of my FS M&P's to fit compact mags.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    If you live in or near El Paso Texas, have been a member for more than two years, and desire this be done to yours, I will do it for free.

o8zypd.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 10.21.11 AM.png

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    ?

It doesn't reduce the capacity. I can still use it with the full size magazines or compact mags with extensions. It even works with the grip extensions.

As for my reasoning, I gave my brother my compact so he can arm himself and wasn't in the position to buy another one. So since I had two FS, I figured why not. I like to modify things just for fun, even if there were no reason.

There's no negative impact to doing this, especially if I have two.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Agreed, but for CC, as you stated, if grip length was an issue, I would normally think barrel length would be as well.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Agreed, but for CC, as you stated, if grip length was an issue, I would normally think barrel length would be as well.

If you’re shoving it down your pants, barrel length is seldom an issue. It’s the grip length that sticks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    It's an excellent idea for a CC if grip length is your key factor not barrel length.

Did you glue the grip panel on before you cut it down?

I just modified the grip insert and shoved it in. I glued the base of the insert enough to change grips if I have to.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

Actually, the barrel length is so small that it really makes no noticeable difference to me. But because of my thin frame, I find it hard to conceal a full cap handgun. I print like crazy. It was bad enough that I thought about going open carry, but even though I have no issue with people who chose that, I just can't bring myself to do it. But yea, try it. Conceal a compact M&P and then a FS and the ONLY difference, since I appendix cary, is that when I get into my SUV, my hot dog get skewered.

As far as subcompacts; I just can't do em. I have alien like long skinny fingers and I suppose I could use one if I had to, I just don't like the feel. I tend to cant them to the left and I don't shoot them enough to trust that I'm efficient.

I'm a very strange person.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    IWB this is not an issue. It's no longer than a 1911.

I actually like this idea. After all it's the idea behind the new compact 2.0.

OH wow, I didn't know they were dong that. People have been begging for a G19 size M&P for years. Gonna go check it out.

Back from checking it out. I heard nothing about this. I can't believe they did it. Now my wife is going to be in distress when I tell hey I "need" something...

The fact that the mags exist now, means you could probably just shave the FS grip down, JUUUUUUUUST enough to fit the 15 round mag.

I wonder how it stacks up against the CZ P07 as far as cary.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom