• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    One of my best friends bought a CVA scout pistol a few years back. He asked me what I thought & if I new a ffl to get it cheaper. I told him I thought it was a bad idea, Told if he really thought he needed it just buy th pistol & not the kit. Told him the Konus red dot was shit. We have a common friend who is older & wiser who told him pretty much the same thing.

Well he didn't listen to us & drove all over hell to get it. His first trip out he finds out his Konus dot is broke. So he contact CVA about the red dot & they tell him contact Konus. This guy works off shore so he is never home. For him to get around to doing shit like send red dot in for repair when he is impossible. He gets it sent in & they send him another on. Old one had a Weaver rail new one has a picitinny rail. Figured this out headed out to my gun club. I was trying to mount it on the ride out. More back & forth with CVA & Konus over mounting options. After 2 years of not shooting it he asked me about where to sell it. He ended up getting $175.00 for it @ a pawn shop.

91B10

HATES: Politicians and Rust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    South Texas
    I have a CVA Hawkin rifle kit thats a gem, solid construction and drives nails (with patch and .54 ball). I'm exited to see them get into the game and more competition is always good for the consumer.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    One of my best friends bought a CVA scout pistol a few years back. He asked me what I thought & if I new a ffl to get it cheaper. I told him I thought it was a bad idea, Told if he really thought he needed it just buy th pistol & not the kit. Told him the Konus red dot was shit. We have a common friend who is older & wiser who told him pretty much the same thing.

Well he didn't listen to us & drove all over hell to get it. His first trip out he finds out his Konus dot is broke. So he contact CVA about the red dot & they tell him contact Konus. This guy works off shore so he is never home. For him to get around to doing shit like send red dot in for repair when he is impossible. He gets it sent in & they send him another on. Old one had a Weaver rail new one has a picitinny rail. Figured this out headed out to my gun club. I was trying to mount it on the ride out. More back & forth with CVA & Konus over mounting options. After 2 years of not shooting it he asked me about where to sell it. He ended up getting $175.00 for it @ a pawn shop.
    So your blaming CVA for Knous’ shitty products?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Baboon isn’t out of line. If you’re a man and value customers you make this right. If the optics manufacturer shrugged the customer off, I would have mailed a free replacement or reimbursed the man for the value of the optics.

Business in this country is just bad anymore. Doesn’t matter what political belief you have. Seems the norm is to weasel out of everything you can.

I still think cva makes quality guns. I know I’m gonna try one in 7mm-08.

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    Me and my daughter have an Optima. They are pretty damn accurate and well made. I hope their bolt actions are also great.

Top Bottom