• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I know CZ no longer makes this pistol. They made only 1,000 several years ago. I heard it was made for CZ by the Dan Wesson company prior to CZ buying them out. I have one and a friend is bugging me to sell it to him. I don't shoot 45 ACP much anymore.
    I haven't been able to find a current value for this pistol. I paid $849.00 for it back when they first came out. Anyone have a idea of the value today? It is going to have to be pretty good in order for me to part with this great pistol. If you have one, you know what I mean.
    Thank.

Oh Admin, this is not an attempt to sell this on your sight. I am just asking if anyone can help me establish a fair market value these days.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It’s a seller’s market today, and the CZ 1911A1 doesn’t have the DW name, but the consensus is $850 was an astounding value for the quality back in 2015.

Unless the springs are shot out, I’d be at $850 firm on the price and expect it to move quickly, especially in the right market place.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    It is going to have to be pretty good in order for me to part with this great pistol.

My take is simple. Shop around and see what you might replace it with. Since you are happy with the CZ, ask what you'll need to pay for whatever you want more.

The CZ is rare, but it has limited collector appeal. Keep it and enjoy it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My take is simple. Shop around and see what you might replace it with. Since you are happy with the CZ, ask what you'll need to pay for whatever you want more.

The CZ is rare, but it has limited collector appeal. Keep it and enjoy it.
    Yep.
    The value increase is slow but steady.
    Just don't sell if you don't need to.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I've been asked to sell a couple of special, to me, out of production handguns in the past, with the answer always being the same. "A million and one dollars in cash, and an exact replacement for the one you want to buy."

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    As others have said, it is a sellers market. I have a CZ 1911A1 as well and it took me years to find one. I am a big CZ fan and always kept an eye out for one. I traded for it, so can't really say what I paid. If I were you and you have any idea you may regret selling it, I would hang on to it. You most likely will not be able to find another one if you decide you want one a few years down the road.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I've been asked to sell a couple of special, to me, out of production handguns in the past, with the answer always being the same. "A million and one dollars in cash, and an exact replacement for the one you want to buy."

...If I were you and you have any idea you may regret selling it, I would hang on to it. You most likely will not be able to find another one if you decide you want one a few years down the road.

My own second opinion based on both of the above statements. There’s a reason you don’t see these guns on the market and most of my collection and all future purchases are heirlooms, even if not heirloom quality.

The CZ 1911A1 is never going to be a heirloom quality gun, but it’s always going to be a heirloom. Selling a gun and parting with it are two entirely different propositions. Hell, I have a 10-22 that could never be purchased from me, but in the right circumstance, I’s give it away. That’d be a real personal circumstance, but I can see it happening.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Thanks. You guys reinforced my feelings of this fine firearm.
    I got it out last night and cleaned it. As I was field stripping it, the reason I bought it in the first place came back to me. The fit and finish are top notch. It is a really nice looking reproduction of the original Colt 1911.
    I contacted my friend to tell him I had decided to keep the CZ. He was not a happy camper, but he will live.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Far left row. Middle pistol. Not a great photo of the pistol, but it meets the criteria of the previous request.
    This photo was taken last year. Collection has evolved since this photo was taken. Some have gone. Others have taken their places.
    My recent favorite is my new CZ Shadow 2 Orange. No photo available. I like it so much that I am meeting with my FFL to trade a couple of my Range Officers for a Orange 2 he has in stock. This will make the second one that I will own.

This is a photo of the first 25 rounds I fired with my Orange 2 after I purchased it. Bottom left target is 25 rounds through my Stainless Wilson Combat Classic 45 ACP. The other four targets are 5 shot groups at 10 yards. I am almost 73 years old. Imagine what a younger person with better eye sight could do with the Orange 2.
    RANGE PHOTO 2.jpg

Attachments

• 1911 collection.jpg
      1911 collection.jpg
      258.5 KB · Views: 103

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I got it out last night and cleaned it. As I was field stripping it, the reason I bought it in the first place came back to me. The fit and finish are top notch. It is a really nice looking reproduction of the original Colt 1911.
    I contacted my friend to tell him I had decided to keep the CZ. He was not a happy camper, but he will live.

Smart, and right, move.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I only own two 1911 handguns right now. I have let a few come and go, but the two in the picture below will be passed down to my boys. The CZ 1911A1 is outstanding and the quality is excellent. Are these 1911s collector's items? Nope, not really. However, they are special to me and passing them down will make them that much more special.

I say well done on deciding to keep your CZ 1911.

cF5Oy1x.jpg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

I tried to buy a friend's Dan Wesson 1911 from him years back. He carried it as his duty weapon when we were armed security monkies, and for about 7 or 8 years as a LEO before his agency switched from carrying personal guns to mandating and issuing Glocks (21SF's) and he tucked ita way in the safe. He politely refused every attempt, and I don't blame him one bit.

Far left row. Middle pistol. Not a great photo of the pistol, but it meets the criteria of the previous request.
    This photo was taken last year. Collection has evolved since this photo was taken. Some have gone. Others have taken their places.
    My recent favorite is my new CZ Shadow 2 Orange. No photo available. I like it so much that I am meeting with my FFL to trade a couple of my Range Officers for a Orange 2 he has in stock. This will make the second one that I will own.

This is a photo of the first 25 rounds I fired with my Orange 2 after I purchased it. Bottom left target is 25 rounds through my Stainless Wilson Combat Classic 45 ACP. The other four targets are 5 shot groups at 10 yards. I am almost 73 years old. Imagine what a younger person with better eye sight could do with the Orange 2.
    View attachment 236478

Quite teh 1911 collection!

Here is a photo of of my CZ collection. You find the 1911A1.

I see a couple missing guns - you have the P01, but need the 75 Compact (no rail) and PCR models, and maybe a Kadet?

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I recently bought a 75 D Compact (PCR) you refer to. I also bought a Shadow 2 Urban Gray pistol last week.
    I really like the Shadow 2 format. As I have said before the Shadow 2 Orange is the most accurate pistol I have ever owned.
    I will try to get a photo soon to keep Charlie happy.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I know CZ no longer makes this pistol. They made only 1,000 several years ago. I heard it was made for CZ by the Dan Wesson company prior to CZ buying them out. I have one and a friend is bugging me to sell it to him. I don't shoot 45 ACP much anymore.
    I haven't been able to find a current value for this pistol. I paid $849.00 for it back when they first came out. Anyone have a idea of the value today? It is going to have to be pretty good in order for me to part with this great pistol. If you have one, you know what I mean.
    Thank.

Oh Admin, this is not an attempt to sell this on your sight. I am just asking if anyone can help me establish a fair market value these days.
    850 on the high end 750 on the low end tbh.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    850 on the high end 750 on the low end tbh.
    Have you seen this link?

Several other sites show prices of $1,000 or more these days. To me, this pistol ranks right up there with other higher priced 1911s.
    Now that CZ-USA owns Colt Firearms, I wonder how they will handle their 1911 production.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Have you seen this link?

Several other sites show prices of $1,000 or more these days. To me, this pistol ranks right up there with other higher priced 1911s.
    Now that CZ-USA owns Colt Firearms, I wonder how they will handle their 1911 production.
    those sites dont really take into account the "street" price of things per-se but if you can get it for 1k you can get it for 1k I guess

Top Bottom