• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Looking into having a 9mm conversion barrel on my cz-52 so I wont have to buy a 9mm handgun.

What all do I need to buy?

Ive been reading on this subject and was wondering if I could buy another cz slide and just have the 9mm barrel in the other slide, then I can change out the slides?? At the same time, I can install better sights on the 9mm one.
    Lynx Defense

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Barrel and unless it comes with rollers and pins for them, those too. Probably a lighter recoil spring, but I'm not sure. I'm just assuming you'd need one as 9mm is less powerful than 7.62x25mm.

I don't know if I would do it: 7.62x25mm is still dirt cheap, very powerful, quite accurate and I've heard people complain about occasional feeding problems with the 9mm conversions.

I'm pretty sure you can find another slide; at least you could a year or two ago when I was thinking this same thing and researching it. After research, I came to the conclusion that 9mm is inferior in most ways. But it's not hard to change barrels. Back when Makarov.com was still selling CZ52 stuff, I picked up their teardown pin tool for it. Makes life easy (though I misplaced it somewhere along the line; it's here... somewhere), but there are a lot of items you can use for it.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You must have read my mind. Completely at random (not kidding), I was actually just searching about this a few minutes ago. I found this good link that has a nice writeup on the conversion:

Ruger22.com cz52 upgrade page

I just quickly browsed through it but, from what I saw it looks like you just need the 9mm barrel, though it seems those barrels are pretty tough to find.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Never have had to modify the extractor. Works fine as is. Just take the slide off, change the barrel, and go. Then put the original barrel back in and shoot more.

Ammo with 124 gr. bullets work better in the stock mags. If you want to shoot the 115 graing ammo you really should find some of the mags with the spacer in them to make the shorter 9s feed properly.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I bought the 9mm barrel for the one I had and the only problem is that the barrel came stripped and required driving out the pin that holds the rollers in place to use with the other barrel. This makes the change more then a simple swap when field stripping. After a couple of trips to the range I changed it back and never put the 9mm barrel back in, the 7.63x25 is cheap and a fun round to shoot. My advice is to buy the 9mm only if you plan to make the conversion long term or make sure to get the whole barrel complete with its own rollers to keep from beating the pin in and out.

Top Bottom